PDA

View Full Version : i need some rims

BIGEEZ
08-31-2004, 04:20 PM
ok what you geez think i should get.

some 14's on the low. or go big and get 17's

if i get the 14's i save money and get to use my tires.
if i go with the 17's i got to get a combo deal that real cheap.

all i know i want to buy some nice rims real cheap. does anyone know where i can get the best deal. has anyone purchase any rims for there ridez?
:help:

TheSummoner101
08-31-2004, 04:45 PM
haha guess 15" and 16" are out of the question :P

the reason i didn't get 17" for my car was they used low profile and i dont have money to spend right now :(

i would check my budget, can u go for 17's and afford getting the tires? (those tires last less i believe since they low profile)

i would go 16's cuz they nice and i think u can use regular tires on em :D

some correct me if im wrong...thanx

PortugalFocus
08-31-2004, 04:50 PM
15's or 16's. I was gonna get 17's on my Focus and saw how mcuh they weighed and I said now friggin way! So ima probly stick with lightweight Konig 15's or may be 16's.

jonrichert
08-31-2004, 04:50 PM
I bought my 15's from a member on this board, you're best off holding out for a while to see what comes available...

low profile tires don't have any less tread on them, just the tire wall is shorter. so there is no reason why they would wear any faster.

BIGEEZ
08-31-2004, 04:53 PM
thanks for the info. but i need more. i could use 15' or 16's but i need them to be cheap. also i need them to be right

Slavic
09-01-2004, 06:40 AM
I also need a set of wheels or tires. My 14" momo rims that came with the car are bent. Or at least they were. We hammered them straight, but now they shake even more since the original tires are still on them.

If you care about 15"-17" 6 or 5 spoke, which I don't. No hexagram or pentagram representations for me. Check out Discount tire direct specials (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/wheel/tmpWheelPackages.jsp;jsessionid=As48kMWURXxWwpDBux o3DgADSelVD5gs2HrHHNUZwddgqdpL8iiX!1986513297!NONE ) they list other wheels, but they are down to 5 or 6 spoke right now. I called them yesterday.

I'm itching to get either 20 (more likely) or 16 spoke 16lbs 17" tire wheel combo set like this (http://216.242.145.9//shop//category.phtml?cat=AIR+Wheels) They are $579 shipped at ebay if you search for vrd.

I also found that tires I want (once the original ones in the combo are gone) don't even come in 15" size while my second choice (BFGoodrich Traction T/A $78) is negligibly less expensive in 15" than my first choice would be in 17" (Yokohama Avid H4S $87). As you may have realized I chose primarily by threadware. Yokohama Avid H4S happens to be the only 17" tire I found with decent threadware, respectable performance and great on gas mileage as an added bonus.

Also if you get only tires keep in mind walmart has free rotation AND balancing for the life of the tires if you install them there. Don't have to buy anything from them. They'll be happy to have you at their store every 6000 miles while you wait for the rotation and balancing.

Another option I was considering is Bridgestone Turanza LS-T. A set is on my mother's car. They have the best threadware you can get as well as the best hydroplaning and wet traction after Aquatrhead that you can get in an All-Season tire, but they are a bit loud. Not louder than Aquathreads.

The trick is this: buy them at a firestone location (without installation, leave that for walmart) making sure they have a 150% money back guarantee. Then come back the next day and ask for a price match with tirerack.com I was told they will honor internet pricing NOT including shipping cost. You should get them dirt cheap this way and if they give you trouble the turanzas come with a 30 day trial period so as long as you don't install them until you get the price match you have 0 loss.

One thing about the turanzas though is that I THINK they caused decreased gas mileage.