PDA

View Full Version : Piece of Sh*t

Chris86Lxi
07-24-2002, 01:57 PM
I'm am so sick of my damn car. Whenever i get it all fixed and runnin good something else has to go wrong with it. I just got my alternator done 2 weeks ago and it was runnin great. Now, on my way to work this morning, all of sudden my car hits like 1,000,000 Decibals coming from the engine. I get out and see what the f*ck is wrong and my damn 3rd spark plug fell out somewhere on the street! My 4th one is pretty damn loose to. The mechanic said it's the threads that are worn down inside the hole that holds the spark plugs in. They are gonna have to grind them out, vacuum the metal shavings out, regrind new threads inside the hole, vacuum that metal out of the engine, then put new spark plugs in. this shit could run me anywhere from 300-800 bucks depending on all what needs to be done with labor and parts! Has this happened to anyone? It's such bullshit. I'm so sick of fixing every little thing on this old car. I like my car but it just pisses me off b/c every month something goes wrong. I don't know what else can go wrong with it b/c anything and everything has been replaced on it. :mad:

Chris

GDGuy11B
07-24-2002, 02:02 PM
damn dude..get a new engine...it might cost a little more than 300-800 bucks though

Jdub07
07-24-2002, 02:11 PM
Damn and by the time you fix or replace the last thing you can you'll be starting all over having to replace the first thing that broke. J/K. Man I didn't know the threads could or would do that! Sorry to hear of you troubles. My ride was doing the same shit to me for the longest time. So I bought another car and just kept fixing the Honda slowly.

Dutchboy
07-24-2002, 05:50 PM
Did the mechanic not mention HELI COIL...

its a replacment thread pretty well..
ive never used it on a head but i know thats what they do with them also...

someone else use it before..i think this would be a cheaper alternative for you....

my 2 cents thats all
Ben

SteveDX89
07-24-2002, 05:52 PM
You must have a lemon or something. My car runs great with not a single problem except tapping valves during acceleration uphill.

accordlx
07-24-2002, 06:05 PM
Get the helicoil from an auto parts store. It runs about $35. You can read the instructions and do it yourself. You shouldn't have a problem after that.

THIS IS ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE OF A MECHANIC TRYING TO RIP YOU OFF FOLKS!!!!

DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE UNTIL YOU GET A SECOND OPINION!!!

A20A1
07-24-2002, 06:05 PM
what is with that... my car taps valves when going up hill as well... on a straight away only at high speeds, and down hill barely ever.

1988starter
07-24-2002, 06:06 PM
Yea I hear the heli coil is great.

Chris86Lxi
07-24-2002, 06:15 PM
Hey accordlx, how exactly does this helicoil work? Will i need special tools? I am gonna have to do my 3rd and 4th spark plug holes. Both are screwd. Exactly what type of work will it require? I don't see how i can get the old threaded part out. Please help.
Thanks,

Chris

A20A1
07-24-2002, 06:32 PM
I think it makes the hole bigger and creates new threads. Then you screw in a metal bit with threads on the outside and on the inside. the inside threads replace the worn trhreads of the spark plug.

Dutchboy
07-24-2002, 10:01 PM
when you buy it it comes with a tool used to screw it in normally...
make sure that you get the right size and thread for the spark plug to fit...i
you might also have to drill out the old thread if there is any...if there isnt any then you can probably get away with putting the heli coil in without any drilling etc..

let us know how it goes...and remember to read the instructions..theres a certain way to install them..
ben

GreenMachine
07-24-2002, 10:41 PM
That is hilariuos, :lol
I sure as hell hope not though

hey chris86lxi , I here ya I was in the same boat every month it was somethin new , alt, fuel pump, bushings, battery, carb, blah, blah, blah, blah
It will stop eventually, I decided to stick it out because i was so far in at least i now what had ben replaced, and it was cheaper and less stressfull then finding a diff vehicle, and of course I like the 3rd gen to much.
If I were you I would check out wreckers for an engine before spending $800, you could prob find a pretty good cond. engine for that much. good luck

CASH24
07-25-2002, 12:33 AM
I think I have you all beat, my tranny went out on me a year ago and I took it in and had to have it rebuilt. It took them like 2 weeks, but anyways after that a week later my engine blew on me:wtf:
I had a new engine put in and it ran fine for awhile but i decided to give it a tune-up and stripped one of my sprark plug holes. my mechanic only charged me $25 to re-thread the hole.

Chris86Lxi
07-25-2002, 02:09 PM
Well guys, I got my car fixed today and they didn't even have to redrill new grooves. I am so damn happy. They had to take out all the plugs and when takin them out the mechanic said that the splitfire's i had in there were complete shit. He said to never put splitfires in. When he was taken them out he said 2 of the heads broke off with absolutely no pressure on them and fell in the engine and he fished them out of it. He said they aren't exactly supposed to fall apart that easy. When i asked what he put in, guess what, He put in the fuckin NGK's!! I was so happy and my car now has regained power b/c lately it's been runnin pretty shit. I think i'm gonna keep it now that everything is fixed. I just need to recharge my a/c and i'm done besides puttin the prelude arms next weekend.
Peace,

Chris

Dutchboy
07-25-2002, 03:47 PM
Good ...glad to hear that its all better....i guess you used the heli coil...
hope that this is the end of all your woes now...i know that im not.
and good thing for NGK all the way....there made for our cars,,,
later
Ben

accordlx
07-25-2002, 05:41 PM
Glad to hear everything came out fine.