PDA

View Full Version : Headlights gone weird

BiGDawG_RTL
09-02-2004, 04:14 PM
The headlights in my 87 h/b are really dim. It's not the lights because i replaced them thinking it was and I only have one high beam, it is bright as normal. and my high beam light does not come on in my dash. any ideas? i need to fix this, i can't afford to drive my blazer 70 mi to work every day!

thanks

TheSummoner101
09-02-2004, 05:24 PM
fuse? check ground and battery connections

DeathRat
09-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Check the voltage output of the Alternator at the Battery......
Your Alternator may not be putting out enough to keep them at full power.

NXRacer
09-02-2004, 06:32 PM
usually dim headlights are a sign of bad grounding for the lights. clean up the electrical connections and it should brighten them up. Also check your charging system and make sure its up to par.

rideredorgohome
09-05-2004, 06:34 PM
I agree with Deathrat. Check power for alternator/battery-should read 13-14V when read with a multimeter. Otherwise ur battery or alternator is going bad. How old is battery? Has this been happening for a long time? Do your lights alternately get brighter and then dimmer? Usually if it is a bad ground it wouldn't have just happened-it is usually when u dick around with an electrical part it happens. Check any work that you have done previously electrically. Make sure there are no wires exposed and/or touching frame parts.