PDA

View Full Version : calling all audio pro's!! pioneer question?

accordlxi2.0
09-03-2004, 06:36 PM
first off i wanna say I FINALLY GOT MY FU#KING CAR RUNNING YEA!!!!!!

but i just remembered what my dumb ass did , with the system.
here's what happened, the remote on wire came disconected from the amp, so i was attepting to and the remote wire touched the negative wire, and sparked.
so my question is:::
did my dumbass blow the reciever out, or will it still work.
i know that one of the american pro 6x9 wire was touching the metal part today. but i don't know if it'll work . . . . . .

jonrichert
09-03-2004, 06:53 PM
you should be fine still, a spark doesn't always mean damage, if anything went it was probably just the fuse.

accordlxi2.0
09-03-2004, 06:55 PM
are you sure dude, i mean this is a pioneer, okay how about this i know this sound's strupid, but what if the blu wire (remote/ power on for amp) touched the positive wire on the amp, would it still be fine??

jonrichert
09-03-2004, 07:09 PM
if anything pioneers would have better safety circuitry than some cheaper brands, and the remote wire touching the amp positive would be no problem as they are both 12V. have you tried hooking it back up again? you really should always connect your power wire after the rest of your connections are already made...

accordlxi2.0
09-03-2004, 07:16 PM
well you made me happy in a way.
i really hope your right.
i have'nt hooked it up, i was just happy i got my car running, i'll test it tomarrow.

so if the remote wire touched the negative or postive, nothing happened? . . . .
i hope so.

Vanilla Sky
09-03-2004, 07:51 PM
probably not... usually they have good safety circuits... you should be fine

accordlxi2.0
09-03-2004, 07:55 PM
i hope so man, i'm low on fund's till i go back to work, and i can't stand to be with-out my radio ya know what i'm saying?

catalin
09-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Most older Pioneers had a fused remote out, but I havent seen a head unit with a fused remote wire in really long time. You most likely killed the output on the deck, but it all really depends how long it was shorted to ground.

Connect it up again and see what happens... or better yet use a meter or test light to see if it still works.

accordlxi2.0
09-04-2004, 05:46 AM
it was for like a 1/2 a millisecond, like i said i accidently did it.
i mean it touched the 12v that was on the amp connector.
it would turn on, you could hear it's amp power up then cut off, as if i had two speaker wire's touching each other.

PortugalFocus
09-04-2004, 06:59 AM
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Sparks don't mean you cooked anything. Liek stated earlier, with a spark the worst thing that would happen would be a blown fuse.

Sabz5150
09-04-2004, 07:57 AM
are you sure dude, i mean this is a pioneer, okay how about this i know this sound's strupid, but what if the blu wire (remote/ power on for amp) touched the positive wire on the amp, would it still be fine??

Okay, now I see what yer saying... It should be fine.

accordlxi2.0
09-04-2004, 09:28 AM
well all i can say is . . . . .
does anyone have a pioneer deh 3500/3600 model for sale.
it did'nt work, i don't know what the problem is.
then i go to connect it back and the fuse popped, then it smoked a little.
man, what the hell is the problem . . . . . . .

catalin
09-04-2004, 08:01 PM
I told you, you blew up the remote out. There really aren't many, if any head units that come with a fused remote out.

accordlxi2.0
09-04-2004, 08:04 PM
i kinda don't understand what that has to do with the speaker output
well i have another dumb question, well would the preamp system work?
cause it has 4 of em, so i could use that.

catalin
09-04-2004, 08:16 PM
I'ma litte jumpy with the answers right now since I have a few things to do. But... does the deck actually turn on???? Does it light up and load Cd's? If so then the pre-amp will most likely still work. I have run across Sony's that the pre-amp won't play after the output IC (seaker output) is shot.

catalin
09-04-2004, 08:19 PM
After reading your first post I noticed that you said that one of your speakers wires are touching ground??? If so then the speaker outpuut will most likely not work. Correct the problem and you should be fine.

accordlxi2.0
09-05-2004, 11:13 AM
so your saying after all the shit this radio went through it'll still work, i mean i'm kinda in doubt, but then again, i remember me and my friend was putting in his radio and he told me the problem, he connected it, and it smoked alot longer than the pioneer, and it still worked and i'm trying to remember what radio it was.

the intregated amp has a relay or something right.

catalin
09-05-2004, 03:20 PM
The internal amplifier will have a circuit that will protect the amplifier from shorts. If it detects a short it will shut down the amplifier until the short circuit is removed.

When you turn the deck on do you hear a slight popping sound from a speaker before it shuts down????

accordlxi2.0
09-05-2004, 05:33 PM
YEA!! YEA!! THAT'S IT.

so is this shit gone or no??

oh as for the brand of the radio that smoked and still worked the brand was by audiophase or audio vox.

so it that pos still worked, my pioneer should work.

catalin
09-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Whatever speaker makes that popping sound is the one that's shorting to ground and causing the internal amp to shut down. Figure out where the short is, fix it and you should be up and running again.

accordlxi2.0
09-06-2004, 06:47 PM
okay, i'm gonna check it out tomarrow.

jonrichert
09-17-2004, 05:41 PM
have you tried hooking it up again yet?

accordlxi2.0
09-24-2004, 07:16 PM
i haven't one i need another fuse cause it blew.
but i took it apart, and i seen some brown stuff, on what look's like a lil' box mounted on the right side of the radio, my dad took a look closer, but it was fine.

then i looked at something that looked like a lil' fuse but he said it was a diode.

so i have another question.

if the regular speaker out put goes to shits.
would the rca output work??

thanx for helping me out so far???

accordlxi2.0
09-25-2004, 12:04 PM
:dunno: :help: :dunno:

accordlxi2.0
09-25-2004, 01:16 PM
never mind the radio fucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!