PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lucas Oil Stabilizer

rideredorgohome
09-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Hi Guys
Ok so my car is getting very close to 300,000 kms and badly needs valve seals. Smokes almost every morning and when it sits all day at work but not otherwise from what I see. I have the seals but it is over $200 to get them installed. I am poor right now being downtime for bikes and the commissions suck. So i bought a bottle of Lucas Oil Stabilizer cause i have to do an oil change. I was thinking about using 30% Lucas oil and 70% Valvoline Max Life. Do you guys think that this will help my leakage through the seals? Has anyone used Lucas oil with great success? Thanks

accordlxi2.0
09-05-2004, 06:56 PM
ehhh, let me tell you a story, this involves lucas product's.

one was me, before i knew how to adjust my vavle's i had like tapping noise's from the valve's and let me tell ya they were loose.
i had used some lucas oil, it was quite, you can hear the timing belt, and other accesory's.
once i found out that valve adjustment was easy from here, i wanted to wit till the oil leakout, which took a while.

another time this involved a '99 ford with a 3.8 atuo tranny, the guy said that his tranns was screwed up!! he put some lucas in it and it lasted him for 2 month's
every since then he use's it for evry thing it can be used.

so it does'nt hurt to try.
you could try to do it yourself,.
i know this sound's wired but it'll pay off, when ever you have some extra time on ya hand's go to a junk yard and take apart the vale's and reassemble them.

hope's this help's . . . . . .

MrBen
09-05-2004, 07:04 PM
I tried it. Everyone I know loves it, but it didn't do a damn thing to my car. Waste of money in my case.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-05-2004, 07:12 PM
I have a bottle of it for my oil but for the past 4 oil changes I have always forgotten to add it in. I was told to put the whole bottle in and then put one less quart of oil in. Is this what everyone else does or was I misinformed?

MrBen
09-05-2004, 07:30 PM
I did almost all of one bottle (probably 70%).

zero.counter
09-05-2004, 07:37 PM
I have a bottle of it for my oil but for the past 4 oil changes I have always forgotten to add it in. I was told to put the whole bottle in and then put one less quart of oil in. Is this what everyone else does or was I misinformed?
You are on the right track there.

On another note, I have only used the injector cleaner from lucas recently and have not noticed anything out of the ordinary. :)