PDA

View Full Version : Which is the better car?

HondaSi88
07-24-2002, 05:31 PM
Actually I have 3 that I am looking at
an

92 GS teg 5speed 120thousand miles on it sunroof black 2600
92 Accord EX 5speed sunroof 4doors 130 miles on it 2900
91 Civic Hatchback with NO options 1900 4speed slow but workable! 1900
I can't find any Hatchbacks around my area for a good price
everyone want crazy money for even a DX

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-24-2002, 06:17 PM
Hmmm...well I think first you're going to need to narrow it down to what type of car you want. You listed 3 different type of cars: 1) a sportier type car, 2) a roomy family car, and 3) a compact car. Being that they're all made by Honda, reliability is a given, so all of them are good cars. If you want to go fast, get the Teg, if you want plenty of room and don't need as much pep get the Accord, and if you want something small and economical get the Civic. Personally, it would be a toss up between the Teg and the Accord. I'd like the extra power and all, but I would also like to keep my 4 doors and plenty of space.

Just my $.02 ;)

accordlx
07-24-2002, 06:18 PM
The Teg if you aren't planning on moving too many people around. THe accord if you are planning to move a lot of people around. The civic if you are planning mass mods and not planning on moving a lot of people around.

It's all in the priorities..

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-24-2002, 06:19 PM
oh yea....too bad you don't live a little closer this way. There's a real nice white 88-89 LX-i hatchback at a used car place here in town. Looks to be in excellent conditions too....don't know what they're asking though.

88Ex-i
07-24-2002, 08:24 PM
i say the Accord..........

damackz
07-24-2002, 08:42 PM
teg! but thatz if u want a sportier car and dont want have alot of people wit u if not the accord is sweet! :pimp:

Jims 86LXI HB
07-24-2002, 09:01 PM
I've been doing a ton of research on 90-93 and 94-2000 tegs. They have just as much aftermarket support as the civics. Their is a big difference in how the teg feels compaired to the civic, even though the 92 teg is based on the same platform as the 91 civic is. The teg is much quieter and refined. And of couse it has more power 140HP!, plus all GS models have ABS and rear disk brakes.
And in my area their is next to no difference between same model years of tegs and civics. That being the case I'm not interested in a civic at all. Its a good car, but I will get much more for the same money with the teg.

My wife has a 90 accord EX 5-sp. I got it with the idea that I would eventually take it as my own car and get her something better. But after having it awhile I can't stand the thing. It's suspension is as soft as a cadilac. My 3rd gen could kick it's ass in acceleration and the clutch action and gear shifter are worse than my 3rd gen. Maybe after market parts can fix all that, but my 3rd gen started out a good car BEFORE I fixed it up. I now with I would have sprung for a 5th gen instead.

88WhiteLX-i
07-24-2002, 09:05 PM
buy the integra....

shepherd79
07-25-2002, 04:16 AM
i think Integra is the way to go this days.
it is nice, it has some room for 2 people, and it is fast.

MiGeY
07-25-2002, 10:33 AM
Hmm how about the accord and drop a H22A in it :D
hehe that would be sweet

Jims 86LXI HB
07-25-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by MiGeY
Hmm how about the accord and drop a H22A in it :D
hehe that would be sweet

Why not put it in the teg:D

HondaSi88
07-25-2002, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the replys! Its gonna be between the acura and the accord. This is a sad story because a friend of mine might have the accord REPOED and I feel bad because he just bought coilovers,clear lights all around rims but his dumb ass haven't paid the note in like 3months! And his Mother wants to sale it
and be rid of the headache....The Acura is nice even though its only an GS model.....I priced and test drove an 92gsr and to tell u the truth there isn't much of a difference! Other than 20HP vtec
im still thinking about it
thanks for the comments!