PDA

View Full Version : Turbo install issues...

AccordEpicenter
09-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Ok guys so far the turbo install has been going ok, everything has been going ok except for 2 problems, one i already have solved tho. So far the turbo sat a little low so it hit the front beam, so i had to grind it a little and bash the hell out of it with a hammer, but it fits and i didnt mess up the beam too badly so i think we are ok. The other problem is that my turbine outlet (exhaust) points right at my front mount.... i may have to fabricate a new one or take it out... any suggestions?

shepherd79
09-07-2004, 01:25 PM
make a solid mount.

86LXItooFAST4me
09-07-2004, 01:37 PM
yeah make a mount like Sean had, i dont know if you have seen it but the site is closed so i couldnt get a pic

AccordEpicenter
09-07-2004, 01:50 PM
yeah plz post pics because this motherfucker is gonna work one way or another.

86LXItooFAST4me
09-07-2004, 02:07 PM
was seans mount a solid replacement or was in an extension that went on top of the existing mount? anyone know?

shepherd79
09-07-2004, 02:17 PM
it was solid mount replacement.

Elijah
09-07-2004, 02:21 PM
The one he sent me.Didnt make No difference at all.It wasnt even a new mount it was just a bracket.That didnt change nothing

86LXItooFAST4me
09-07-2004, 02:42 PM
well the idea worked right? the idea was to make a solid mount the hugs the block for mor clearance right?

shepherd79
09-07-2004, 03:41 PM
if you have some fabrication and welding skills you can make your own mount in less than a day.

smufguy
09-07-2004, 04:24 PM
even tho i dont see a pic here, i still dont see why this is an issue.

What kinda manifold did u use bro?

Are you saying that the exhaust port is like right on the motor mount? Then ur in a lil bit of a hurdle. its a tough one to handle. cause even with fabrication of a O2 housing, its still gonna be in the position where its gonna "go thru" the mount as you say.

If nothing works, the only possible way i can think of to make this happen is to get a piece made that goes bwt the manifold and the hot side of ur turbo to push the turbo out a lil (towards the fan) and move it in front of the mount. But it sitting that low, is just not gonna help in extreme case. So get the solid mount where it has enough clearance for the modified O2 housing to go thru and wrap around your lower center brace.

ON THE SIDE: Im thinking of switching my turbo the other way, ie having the hot side of the turbo towards the crank side, so that it will be easiy for me to get the O2 housing to work (same set up as the DSM) and have the intake for the turbine on towards the tranny side. One problem with this is routing the charge pipe to the Inter cooler. but with a skid plate under there, i should have no problem.