PDA

View Full Version : New Short Ram

howndamane
09-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Well I bought a 92-95 civic CAI knowing i would have to do some modifications to it to get it to work, however what i was told was not as much work as it took. Firstly, not saying it isnt possible, if anyone has used a 92-95 civic CAI on their 3rd gen as a real CAI, more power to you. However, i found out within a few minutes of receiving it in the mail that it would definatley take a whole lot of work

firstly the tubing given to me in the kit was not long enough. it seemed that the only thing good about it was that it fit the TB perfectly as it should. to have the CAI working good would have required some serious bending of my tubing, some fileing of the stock intake hole that drops the stock airbox behind the front bumper, and very possibly relocation of my battery. I warn anyone who buys a 92-95 civic CAI in hopes that it will not be much work of these issues. after some cutting, drilling, filing, and correct fitting i was able to get some good short ram action going on, which is decent considering i only paid 35 for the whole kit. well here it is. please excuse me for me engine bay being so nasty, i tried to clean it up as much as i could!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/608000-608999/608754_18_full.jpg

AccordAddict
09-08-2004, 06:42 PM
cooool, hows it sound? feel an upgrade? i have a civic short ram, just sounds better not much of an upgrade accept the first day i bought it.

howndamane
09-08-2004, 06:44 PM
it gives a deeper sound when putting the pedal to a floor a little, but power wise definatley not, its a short ram cmon now, lol. my exhaust will be on its way soon as well as my header. im not looking for power, just want it to sound decent and i want to clean my motor up a little. im going to get blue wires and new plugs and just put some blue here and there. paint my head cover because it looks nasty, btw if anyone has a polished blue head cover that would fit my 87 that would be fantastic.

AccordAddict
09-08-2004, 06:55 PM
yeah it sounds great with exhaust. yeah the short rams dont give much power, im thinking of making a hood scoop but ill probably go with a true CAI before i do that...

howndamane
09-08-2004, 06:58 PM
hood scoops are a pain in the ass if you do them how they should be done. if i were you id go with making the CAI. i think it would be easier to find someone with something that bends piping, give them some tube that will work and show them what you want. working with parts for other cars is a pain in the ass. we made a true CAI for my buddys mazda and it really wasnt too much work with his tools and all.

AccordAddict
09-08-2004, 07:19 PM
cool ill probably get an integra "weapon r" dragon intake if i were to get a cold air...