PDA

View Full Version : Just bought matching Team Loco rims from SiR!

Mike's89AccordLX
09-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Well the hurricanes have been delaying the contact time we've had but the deal is done and I should have my rims pretty soon. I'm putting them on my 1994 Prelude Si. I was thinking of having them painted to match my car when I have the car painted. So everything would be Milano Red. What do you guys think about that? The nice thing is I will have 3 full sized spare rims and tires so in case something happens again I will not be SOL again.

NXRacer
09-09-2004, 07:49 AM
i'd steer away from painting the rims the same color. 99% of the time it looks horrible IMO.

BDaccordguy
09-09-2004, 09:32 AM
bronze or black, thats the issue im having with my current car.. a torch red beretta.. im goin wit gunmetal but black is close enough. but on the other hand bronzeish gold looks hot with bright red.

Jareds 89 LX-i
09-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Hahahah..... good luck getting that box open, I used about 95% of a full (new) roll of tape on that box! :lol: The box wasn't the strongest in the world though, especially with all the weight in there, so lots and lots of tape had to be used.

Anyways, honestly I would leave the rims exactly the way they are now. IMHO painted or body color matching rims look really bad, with the exception of maybe white on white in some cases. I've seen these wheels in action while driving along side, and they look really good with the silver and the polished lip. I'd say just clean them up real good and use them as they are, and it'll definitely look sweet. Just my opinion though.... :)

Mike's89AccordLX
09-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Yeah I think that would be the easiest Jared. My Team locos are silver with a polished lip too so I think it will be a good match. I can't wait I just found out I get them Sunday night so that means I'll be outside with a jack putting on rims so I can roll to school with them :cool:

Jareds 89 LX-i
09-10-2004, 07:07 PM
I hope you have some sort of truck or larger vehicle to go pick them up with! It's a decent sized box (about 24-W x 24-H x 33-L, I put all 4 in one box, one right after the other like a big ass jelly roll, haha), and it weighs a good chunk too!

Be sure and get some pictures once you get them on :)

Mike's89AccordLX
09-10-2004, 08:33 PM
Yeah I can get a truck to pick them up. Holy crap I need to lay down. Didn't have too good of a day at work and I just ate and now I'm drinking........../ :)

I had a melt down at work today that's where the plastic melts out of the rails of the machine and melts onto the heaters and then it smells really bad and starts a fire. Well I caught it before it started a fire. for some reason the machine I was setting up stopped without me knowing and it melted. Yeah not a good day. I had to clean it afterwards too. Well cool I'm gonna lay down noww. Bye. :)

Mike's89AccordLX
09-12-2004, 07:08 AM
Well I got them at 8:40am not pm SiR. :) Hehehe oh well now I get to put them on in the day and not at night :) I was like who the f*** is calling me this early??? Hehehe then I was like holy s*** the rims are here goto go!!!!!!!!

Went and got them and aired them up and found some locking lug nuts! Thanks man I thought I was going to have to get a set but thanks! So I take it you only had 2 center caps? I only got 2 with the wheels. Oh well its a good thing I bought a set of loco center caps on ebay when I did.

That bend in the one rim is very small. The pic made it look huge. I'm just going to roll with it on like that. Put the crappy tires in the back and nice ones in the front. Thanks a million man! I will put pics up later when I wash the car and wash the rims!

-Mike

Mike's89AccordLX
09-12-2004, 07:19 AM
I thought those rims were supposed to be a universal 4 bolt? They don't fit on my 94 prelude and it has 4 bolts.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-12-2004, 07:26 AM
I just put one of my old team loco rims on and it fit right on wtf? Your rims aren't fitting on how can that be? Someone help me b/c I don't want to put these on my accord I need them on my prelude :(