PDA

View Full Version : 5th generation prelude steering noise

meohmy01
09-09-2004, 01:31 PM
I have a 99 Prelude that i picked up for 12,500 last friday. it only has 40k on it but when i turn the car on and first start driving and turn the wheel it makes a faint binding sound coming from the front wheels. it only does it once throughout each ride and it isn't very loud. also after i park the car every 5 minutes there's a humming noise that lasts for only a few seconds coming from around the fire wall on the passenger side. any ideas? I know this isn't a 3g but you guys have always been helpful.

rideredorgohome
09-09-2004, 01:54 PM
I have a 99 Prelude that i picked up for 12,500 last friday. it only has 40k on it but when i turn the car on and first start driving and turn the wheel it makes a faint binding sound coming from the front wheels. it only does it once throughout each ride and it isn't very loud. also after i park the car every 5 minutes there's a humming noise that lasts for only a few seconds coming from around the fire wall on the passenger side. any ideas? I know this isn't a 3g but you guys have always been helpful.
Power Steering Pump?

meohmy01
09-09-2004, 02:40 PM
no it seems to be generated down toward the tires more.