PDA

View Full Version : Sponsored car needed for Spyder Body kit! **Open to everyone now**

CreativeAutoDesigns
09-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Hey guys -

We never did get that sponsored car that we needed to showcase our new spyder body kit, so this time it's open for everyone across the united states. What we need is a 86-89 4-door Honda Accord, willing to paint and install the body kit within 3 weeks of receipt, and provide pictures for adveritisements. The sponsored vehicle will receive the body kit at a cost of $500, $350 off of the retail price of $849! All you need to do is paint, install, and send back pictures. If you're interested, please e-mail us at [email protected] with your name, contact information, and a photo of your vehicle. This will be limited to one volunteer. Thank you!

For more pics of the kit, see this link:
http://www.extremedimensions.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=333&cat=Accord%202DR/4DR%2086-89&ProdType=Body%20Kits

Darius
Creative Auto Designs, Inc.

bullard123
09-17-2004, 02:51 PM
I think the body kit needs to be cheaper for people to buy it. Although there is almost no aftermarket support for body kits for these cars, I still don't think people are willing to spend that much on body kits. You're looking at over $1000 to buy the body kit, get the car painted and/or pay for installation. I just don't think many people have a $1000 to drop in their car just like that.

87AccordLXsdn
09-17-2004, 08:39 PM
i will give you 400 for the kit and you have yourself a deal

blazin3gen
09-17-2004, 08:48 PM
edit :)

NXRacer
09-19-2004, 09:38 PM
i think if you offered to use the car as a base and put it on and paint the car again (or at least the body kit to match) for 500 bucks i could see somebody willing to do that. But since you want the customer to basically pay for everything including the body kit at a lower price :rolleyes: you're probably not gonna find somebody with that kind of spare cash.

A20A1
09-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Well you're going to have to paint the kit anyways if you bought it at regular price... the only real kicker is that you have to get it painted as part of the deal...

But who is going to run around with an unpainted kit?

I say grab some spray cans and just do 5 thin coats and a few clear coats, sand buff and voila.

Doesn't even have to match your cars paint... you can go two tone and paint the bumpers and sides of the car black. :D

3rd gen 89 se-i
09-20-2004, 01:33 AM
well at least someone is trying to finally make some decent looking kits.they are a little to much though but nice things also rare due cost money.

Justin86
09-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Is there any pics of the kit?

Mike's89AccordLX
09-20-2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah there's the pics that other people customized to fit the 3geez. The link is in the first post.

hondaLXI
10-06-2004, 08:13 PM
any kits for an accord hatchie??

CreativeAutoDesigns
10-08-2004, 09:46 AM
any kits for an accord hatchie??

This kit fits the 4 door only. Currently, there are no plans to make it for the hatchback unless we get significant interest. Thank you

MarioBurke
10-08-2004, 04:52 PM
the only good thing about the kit is the side skirts. the ROUND 4TH GEN bumper doesnt fit and that rear bumper is hanging too low. if you lowered the car any further you'd scrape everything. not just mud flaps

sofaking_bob
10-09-2004, 09:03 PM
yeah.. you should make some plans to make one for the hatch.. you'd sell at least one.. even if it is 850 bucks.. i'd buy it.. i like really like that kit

Volitech
10-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Doesn't a sponsered car mean that the kit would be free to the owner off the car provided by the manufacturer? If I pay you for a body kit wouldn't I just be a customer?

sxy86accord1
10-10-2004, 11:44 AM
thats what i was thinking Volitech.. If it was free.. i would definitly put it on my car.. I would really classify it a sponsorship when i pay for it..

sofaking_bob
10-10-2004, 12:24 PM
not all sponsors pay for the total cost. my friends vr-4 3000gt is sponsored. his sponsors only pay for 1/4th of the cost, and there are only certian things that he can add to his car to keep his sponsorship...

TheSummoner101
10-10-2004, 12:26 PM
800$ for a bodykit?...thats worth more then my car :P

but im sure some1 mite sponsor their car,...not me however

CreativeAutoDesigns
10-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Doesn't a sponsered car mean that the kit would be free to the owner off the car provided by the manufacturer? If I pay you for a body kit wouldn't I just be a customer?

If it wasn't clear the first time I mentioned it, let me straighten this whole thing out now. Sponorships have many DIFFERENT levels depending on the situation. The reason for their existence is that it is a mutually beneficial relationship. You get something for your car, and then we get something in return. That being the case, the type of sponsorship you will receive depends on what we are getting in return. In this case, we are only requesting a few pictures. As such, the kit will only be offered at a discounted rate. On the other hand, someone who may be eligible for a full sponsorship (i.e. kit for free) would typically be committed to prototyping work (where we take the car for a few weeks), a few show appearances etc.

thegreatdane
10-11-2004, 11:48 AM
I cant believe noone is going for this. What are you all whining about?? 500 bucks for a bodykit is a steal. In Denmark a bodykit for a Honda costs 5 times as much...

Mike's89AccordLX
10-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Hey I have money that I was going to use on a hood but I decided not to do the hood. Is it $500 shipped? And does it have to be painted to match my car perfectly? And is the 3 week deadline to get it on that important if I take a little longer since I goto school during the day and work at night so my only time is the weekends. I put a body kit on my brothers integra and painted it black to match his car and it looked really good. I'm not a huge fan of your kit but hey I'm at a loss of what to spend my money on right now. It would be nice to get some kits sold for you and I think if one person does it others will follow. As long as the kit will bolt on and you won't have to modify the car or kit I am interested. I understand that the styrofoam might need to be removed but does the bumper bar need to be removed?

If you can work with me I will work with you. I planed to paint the kit black so I would have a black and goldish look. And for the sideskirts how do those attach? 3M tape or screws or rivots?

Thanks,
Mike

sofaking_bob
10-11-2004, 06:08 PM
man.. you make a kit for the hatch.. and you've got yourself a deal... i'm all for prototype junk... take my car.. do what you want to it.. i don't care... well.. that's a lie.. i do care.. but not a lot..