PDA

View Full Version : Koni Shox

smufguy
09-09-2004, 06:11 PM
I know some members got Konis on their car. some got the rears, some just the fronts and some got a whole set. I have them for about a year and have 24,000 miles on em and they drive like a dream.

I got a set for my sister's 4g and it came with the springs too. they were internally adjustable just like our Koni reds but the ride height can be adjusted using the spring seat clips. I got the car back today from my mechanic and it drives like nothing else. I am really suprised how the ride has improved. My mechanic called me and told me that the car drove really well and that i have spent a fortune on the shox but it was good. I told him it costs about the same price as my shox did, but only difference is that the 4g came with 4 springs for the same price and he was suprised. the 4g sits just 1 inch lower cause my sister drives it.

Point of it all. KNOI ROCKS. i can whole heartedly say that there is nothing better than Koni shox for the price and for the performance you get way more than you paid for. Its sad that koni decided to quit our production, but I am glad they did and i was fortunate enough to bag their last set.

LONG LIVE KNOI.

od2681
09-09-2004, 06:22 PM
damn too bad i couldnt afford them at the time i needed shocks....better ride my ass with 2 inch drop springs...goooooooooo TOKICO

smufguy
09-09-2004, 07:17 PM
yeah, i waited for the shox for about 2 months calling all the places and i was lucky enough to bag one for 450 bux shipped and it was the last ever set made by koni and he said that i was one lucky guy to get it and i got my progress springs from them too, and i got it for 160 shipped and the combo is unbeatable. even tho the 2 inch drop is not good with snow (cant get over those damn 6 inch piles).

RobT5580
09-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Yeah definatly one of the best parts i have bought. I want to get mine re-valved for external adjustability when i get the chance.

SteveDX89
09-10-2004, 02:10 AM
The revalved Bilsteins give the Konis a run for the money. When I had that chunk of iron in the front of my car and the Konis set all the way to stiff, I still had a little bounce in the front. Now with the aluminum, there's no bounce. The Bilsteins in the back work extremely well, IMO. Never one hint of bounce.

smufguy
09-10-2004, 05:49 AM
i said 4 the money and off the shelf. i bet revalved konis would be better than blestiens. but 4 off the shelf and price, they are unbeatable.

thegreatdane
09-10-2004, 05:57 AM
When I had that chunk of iron in the front of my car and the Konis set all the way to stiff, I still had a little bounce in the front. Now with the aluminum, there's no bounce.

Lol :lol: why did you even buy a 3g (even a DX) in the first place, when you hate the a20 so much?

I love my Koni's too, but I want coilovers instead of the soft springs I'm riding now. There's too much body roll with my current springs.

SteveDX89
09-10-2004, 06:26 AM
Lol :lol: why did you even buy a 3g (even a DX) in the first place, when you hate the a20 so much?

Price was right and I like the way the car looks. It's damn sexy. I just think it's so much better with a B. Much more fun to drive.

smufguy
09-10-2004, 11:14 PM
coilovers are stiff as hell and they are linear. Unless u go for expensive ones, like koni coilovers or the Tein ones, progressive coil overs are hard to find. I like my stiffest spring (for the two inch drop) and there is literally no body roll. But to max out the suspension, i need to get some good wide tires, some additional suspension components and hopefully change all the worn rubber bushings to urathane or something. BUt damn i love my shox and springs. :D

Vanilla Sky
09-11-2004, 12:26 AM
wasn't it jim that said for his setup even the konis were too weak? and with them out of production now, we only have the tokicos and bilstiens... me? i'll go revalved bilstiens....

88Accord-DX
09-11-2004, 12:44 AM
I still need to drop my lowering springs in, but I can't afford them shortened revalved Bilsteins. Will the Tokicos (blues) handle lowering springs for a while, or will they blow out in time? I posted a thread about this, and got many different answers on what kind of shocks to use. 2.5"- front ; 2 1/4"-back drop

smufguy
09-11-2004, 06:53 AM
tokikos are not made for stiff springs. They are kike KYB AGXs. they are more of a stock replacement springs you could say. and we are talking about getting them off the shelf. So yeah, if koni can revalve them, ask them to do so but make sure u give them the lowering spring's spring rate and how much it lowers. Cause u want the rebound to be at the max or to say at the peak. Cause with 2.5", u dont have much of shox travel under bump so the shox needs to be as stiff as possible.

note: ever tried to compress a shox that goes on a road course car with springs that have a spring rate of anywhere from 1000 to 2500 ?? :)

smufguy
09-11-2004, 06:56 AM
wasn't it jim that said for his setup even the konis were too weak? and with them out of production now, we only have the tokicos and bilstiens... me? i'll go revalved bilstiens....

yeah it was jim. But i guess he experienced too much body roll cause like i mentioned above, just the shox and springs are not gonna be enough if u wanna push a car to its max. even tho the suspension might not move (in a sense) a lot of body roll comes thru chassy twist. so holdin up the suspension via lower tie bar, strust bars and what not will help handing a lot and also, stock seats dont hold us in place under cornering, u need some kinda bucket seats (RSX has a good one or a racing seat) would do a good job.