PDA

View Full Version : Was I... broken into?

Bloodlust
09-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Well today my mom comes running down to my room, wakes me out of a dead sleep, and yells "YOUR FUCKING WINDOW IS BROKEN!" Im like wtf??? I go out there and find this:

http://89accordlxi.com/images/IMG_0004.JPG
http://89accordlxi.com/images/IMG_0005.JPG
http://89accordlxi.com/images/IMG_0006.JPG

There was nothing missing out of my car, even my cell phone was still there on the passenger's side seat. My alarm usually doesnt even go off so thats not a guarantee. It might have gone off and scared them away I dont know. Im still debating if I should even file a report with the police cause I cant even guarantee it was a theft, it might have gotten hot in the car or something I heard that happens sometimes. Well anyways, that was my morning, thought I would share it with u guys. :burn:

RobT5580
09-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Damn, That sucks but i would say someone was up to something and dont think it shattered on its own.

NXRacer
09-10-2004, 07:31 AM
i'd be willing to bet that if nothing was stolen, somebody was just screwing around. are there any other windows broken on your block??

Bloodlust
09-10-2004, 07:41 AM
i'd be willing to bet that if nothing was stolen, somebody was just screwing around. are there any other windows broken on your block??

Not that I know of. But I know in my town there have been alot of thefts.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Probably somebody that was wanting to buy the car and then thought if they broke a window you would come down lower in price. That sucks really bad man I hope you get all of that cleaned up. You will probably not get it all out unfortunatly. Glass windows in cars a pain to clean up.

86LXItooFAST4me
09-10-2004, 08:17 AM
that happened to me one time but apparently your not supposed to sleep with another womans best friend, especially when one of them is your GF... oops...

i got a replacement at a junkyard. got the whole door for $20

NXRacer
09-10-2004, 08:18 AM
You will probably not get it all out unfortunatly. Glass windows in cars a pain to clean up.
oh yeah, you'll find glass for YEARS to come.

SteveDX89
09-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Ouch dude. That sucks. I bet the alarm scared them off. If I went through the trouble of breaking someone's window, I'd be stealing something.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-10-2004, 08:28 AM
They might have gotten away with Mike's purse but he's just not telling us that ;) JK Mike that's a really crappy thing to happen. So maybe you'll keep it now that you have to put in a new window?

markmdz89hatch
09-10-2004, 08:41 AM
spark plug.

by the way the window is broken, and how much of the glass is still there, I'm going to guess someone pulled the old spark-plug trick on your window. As Steve said, if someone was breaking in to steal something, they would have taken at least something. Did they unlock the door from the inside? If not, my guess is someone might have something against you, or could be as simple as someone who hates bodykits and wings on a car. There have been people in my neck of the woods that would go around smashing windows on cars, and doing other various damage b/c they thought the car looked stupid.

Anyway, in either case, I'm sorry it happened to you, I've been there too and it sucks.

maka_RTH
09-10-2004, 09:44 AM
yah man, that sucks. hopefully it's not too bad to fix. i'm thinking it was prolly some idiot(s) that got drunk or something and thought it'd be fun to smash a few windows on cars. if you have hit and run insurance i think that would cover it. and it is vandalism so you prolly could report it to the cops.

cdscowboy
09-10-2004, 11:00 AM
I doubt it's the whole heat thing. If it was hot in the car, the window would've exploded, not imploded (out, not in :)). Sucks about your car though. Someone tried to steal mine and I had to get part of the door panel repaired. No fun.

PortugalFocus
09-10-2004, 11:04 AM
yeha I had my car broken into once here at work and once when I had my accord in front of my house. The glass clean up is the worst. Sorry man I know it sucks.

Bloodlust
09-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Ok guys. Turns out that it imploded from the inside. The reason this happened was the moisture that was in my car from when I left my windows open during a storm, and then this morning it got really hot and the car was right out in the middle of the sunlight and the pressure inside the car grew and it just caused the window to bust.

As you can see in this picture that I took 2 nights ago, there was quite a bit of moisture in the car.

http://89accordlxi.com/images/mycar/IMG_0004.jpg

Vinny
09-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Very scientific deduction Mr Watson. I was thinking it was Professor Plumb with the candlestick but was wrong. I guess you watch more SCI re-runs than I do

Bloodlust
09-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Very scientific deduction Mr Watson. I was thinking it was Professor Plumb with the candlestick but was wrong. I guess you watch more SCI re-runs than I do

:rofl: :rofl: I literally spit my powerade out when i read those first two sentences.

maka_RTH
09-10-2004, 01:08 PM
LOL vinny that's awesome LOL :lol:

hondamanlxi
09-10-2004, 01:14 PM
well im kinda glad, but just about it being "natural"

junkyard time!

Wipeout
09-11-2004, 04:44 PM
That is one badass Accord you have there, and I usually don't like body kits.

MrBen
09-11-2004, 04:56 PM

HAHAHA!!!

Vinny, I just had my wisdom teeth out and laughing sure didn't help. lol

MIK3
09-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Very sucky man. Since you didn't find any objects in or around the "crime scene", I take it that maybe the window did implode. This is the first I've heard about. It's understandable however, being that it looks like it broke from the top (heat rises). Then again, maybe The Fonz came by w/ his muscle car, walked out w/ his bat, said "what's this world coming to, imports, *spit*, and took a swing at your window. Who really knows... :dunno:

johndej
09-12-2004, 02:14 PM
hmm... i've never heard of a window breaking like that though i have seen some guy drive a black truck for 2 hours, park it in the sun all day and have the battery explode and dent the hell out of the hood.

deadlight
09-12-2004, 02:41 PM
spark plug.

by the way the window is broken, and how much of the glass is still there, I'm going to guess someone pulled the old spark-plug trick on your window.

Anytime I've pulled the spark plug porcelain maneuver on someone the glass fell out pretty evenly

zero.counter
09-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Since the car is looking real good right now, get something like a staggered setup consisting of, HP EVOs like 19x8 +38 for the front and 19x9 for the rear +38. I know it is front wheel drive and they have a good chance of rubbing, and the car does not produce much power, but you see where I am coming from on this. Might as well finish it out on the looks since form seems to be an overall theme over function here...

Also, sorry about the natural occurence with your window. Always crack a little after the storm passes, it also helps with keeping the car a little cooler on the hot days. :)

accordlxi2.0
09-12-2004, 03:11 PM
hmmmm, all i have to say is that suck's.
it pisses me off that you can't have anything nice anymore.

XxDark_AccordxX
09-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Thats exactly what mine looked like a couple years ago. i came outside and my passenger window was shattered just like that. But nothing was missing and even the doors were still locked. it was winter so the police told me that it probably got really cold and shattered? yeah.... my dad thinks the dog scared them away