PDA

View Full Version : Best way to replace belts?

infecto
09-10-2004, 02:57 PM
I have been putting off changing the belts on my car simply because I can barely fit my hand in there to access them lol. I searched around and didn't see any tips on it so does anyone have any good suggestions other then they are a pain in the ass? At least I won't have to put my PS pump back on because the PS line is fubar and leaks so its just going to burn the motor up anyway. Thanks.

racerx
09-14-2004, 01:06 PM
ergh, well, i guess just loosen the most easily accessible accessory on each belt. that might make things go a little smoother. From what I remember, it was actually easier than it looked, so don't worry about it. just don't get fluids all over the belts, otherwise you'll be jammin to "Squuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!"

Civvy
09-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Its not that bad! but, i left all the cambelt covers off since it makes things much much easier next time i do it!
First things first, get the crank pulley bolt out using fourth gear and a friend to press the brakes.
Quik way, u could cut the old ones off undo the covers slacken the tensioner with a long ass 12mm, undo the alt then p/s pump,side mount.

Replacement. lighn marks up top and bottom (using fourth gear again) feed the belt on then push the car (in fourth gear with a friend or the missis) forward untill 3 teeth on the top pulleys. tighten the tentioner. throw the drive belts on and pulley bolt!

Thing about not using your P/S pump when u got a P/S rack is a pain in the ass u need a non-P/S rack otherwise its too heavy! :sad2: