PDA

View Full Version : Place racing going out of business....?!!

Hash_man_Se_i
09-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Well, I had been wondering this myself after receiving no response to my attemts at contacting place racing numerous times, and now I just saw this thread on Honda-tech: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=978117

Now, I really want to get the parts and do a b-series swap come spring, and I know there are probably quite a few other members on this site who would like to do this as well. So, I am now considering contacting Hasport about making engine mounts, etc. for our cars so that we can still do the b-series swaps... I would even be willing to drive my car down there, so they could do this, lol... so, anyone who would support this, please reply to this thread so that when I contact Hasport, we have a foundation of support to show them.

Justin86
09-12-2004, 10:31 PM
well there is guys with the B swap and I belive someone has extra mounts. Take the mounts to a shop or even to hasport and have them make copies.......

blazin3gen
09-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Horray!!! No More B Swaps in Accords~~Long Live the Original B Swappers!! OldSchoolSwap(First B16a), WickedAccord(First B18c1),88LXi68(First LS/VTEC),Me(First 2.0L FULL OBD-1 LSD MOFO!) Congrats to the new swappers(B16Steve)~ We do not need anymore B Swapped Accords. I hope nobody else makes the mounts! BTW! It's all about the B20's & K Series now! :)

Hash_man_Se_i
09-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Lol, where does he post this stuff.... and i think this sucks... i dont like the a20, especially the fact that there is next to no aftermarket, and mine now has 240,000kms.

shepherd79
09-13-2004, 03:03 AM
Lol, where does he post this stuff.... and i think this sucks... i dont like the a20, especially the fact that there is next to no aftermarket, and mine now has 240,000kms.

that is why i am giving up on accord. it is not worth it. i can spend the money on better car.

Vanilla Sky
09-13-2004, 03:24 AM
then by the same token, that's why dome of us stick by these cars... either way, they are pretty reliable cars, and at the least shouldn't be just sent off to the junkyards because they are "outdated" and so on...

RobT5580
09-13-2004, 05:08 AM
Either way i would not be surprised because even way back before anyone here had the kit i was working on getting their 2nd kit out of production and they had more ecusses than you could imagine. So after waiting a long time i gave up on that idea and within the next year they came into production. And after helping Steve in PA just shows how bad there support really was. And i agree with the H-T members that said the stuff sucks. On the other hand they have not sold many kits for the 3rd gens so eventually i think it would plague us anyway. If you were really serious i would go to hasport for sure there stuff is 100x better than PRI in my opinion.

SteveDX89
09-13-2004, 05:22 AM
Hasport owns. I wish they made a swap kit for us. Someone should have them start the kits up. Probably end up getting the swap put in SCC. They love using Hasport products and always write out the swap in their magazine.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Hasport owns. I wish they made a swap kit for us. Someone should have them start the kits up. Probably end up getting the swap put in SCC. They love using Hasport products and always write out the swap in their magazine.

Would you maybe be willing to help out with that... i should soon have enough funds, and unless we want to pay 10,000$ to make the kit from scratch, maybe they could just copy someones place racing kit, which you have right? ... I would definately be willing to approach hasport, and actually think i might give them a call tommorow.

RobT5580
09-13-2004, 06:58 PM
We welded steve's rear and side mount in so that would probably not work out. Im sure there is someone closer to hasport that wants this swap. Im sure they would be willing to do the swap especially if you say Place Racing made the swap and someone can show the PRI stuff to them. Iv seen their stuff and it looks top notch but thats only on the physical side since iv never installed their stuff. But they seem to have a much better reputation than PRI which i dont think they ever had a really good one. But if someone will lend out their mounts im sure it would cut the cost down a lot since they could work from those parts as of a whole new fabrication on the car.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-13-2004, 09:26 PM
We welded steve's rear and side mount in so that would probably not work out. Im sure there is someone closer to hasport that wants this swap. Im sure they would be willing to do the swap especially if you say Place Racing made the swap and someone can show the PRI stuff to them. Iv seen their stuff and it looks top notch but thats only on the physical side since iv never installed their stuff. But they seem to have a much better reputation than PRI which i dont think they ever had a really good one. But if someone will lend out their mounts im sure it would cut the cost down a lot since they could work from those parts as of a whole new fabrication on the car.

Thanks for your input rob... My grandmother actually lives just outside of Tucson, AZ.. so I would be willing to take my car down there too... maybe I'll talk to juan (oldschoolswap)... i know he's in Fl, but thats a bit closer than some others... btw, who else has the b-series swap? just so i know who to talk to.

SteveDX89
09-14-2004, 02:14 AM
It's in Luis's quote. Pretty much it. There's supposedly a few in the works though.

88LXi68
09-14-2004, 07:06 AM
Im glad they are going out of business!

Mike's89AccordLX
09-14-2004, 07:11 AM
Damn is every quiting out on the accords? Anytime that some company stops producing products for our cars it's not good b/c others will probably follow :(

RobT5580
09-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Thats true mike but if you want something there are people that will make it for you. It seems like not many people here will do the leg work and find people capable of doing things. Everyone wants the information handed to them and have their hands held throught it all. I get tons of emails all the time from people asking for information on the JDM B20A. I dont mind if its something that i think may have not been posted but 9 times out of 10 its asking the same crap which b20a do i need and where can i get them and does it bolt in. I was on a prelude forum the other day and they were asking about aftermarket valves, springs, etc and i kindly posted up all the stuff i found for mine that worked off of other cars and they all looked right past my post. I have called many companies and gotten great results getting stuff for my b20a and a lot of it was off the shelf but i had some of it custom made. The only reason place racing made the mounts for our cars is because a customer went their and paid them to do the swap. So if you guys want other options your going to have to do some work and maybe find someone to lend their car to a shop like hasport and im sure if you go that far they will make a kit and it will be done right. Its only going to get worse as far as whats still available for our cars so its on yourselves to get the parts you want made or fabricate them on your own.

Lok
09-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Very bud news................if anybody still want's place racing kit, then maybe
PACIFIC PERFORMANCE have some in stock:

http://www.pacificperformance.com/products/products_view.php?id=169

But they talking only for the mount kit......
I dont'know about axles-shift linkage etc....????
I totaly angree with Rob.... if anybody still wants new B series engine on his accord, then he can try other ways.....( i remember one member of 3geez.com, on pictures
section, who has done the swap without place racing components).....

NXRacer
09-14-2004, 01:02 PM
pacific performance is just reselling the Place Racing mounts. I wonder if OpenLoop has thought about making those.........

RobT5580
09-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Juan had it done custom the first time but when he crashed that car the mounts were all welded to the body of the car so he decided to get the PRI stuff.