PDA

View Full Version : Brake locking up a bit.

mag_pbg
09-13-2004, 10:51 AM
I have never had this prob. till I put my new brake light switch on, and even now it only happens everyonce inwhile. I will driving along doing about 60 only the RPMs will alot higher then they should be and it feels like something is holding back the motor, also the brake pedal gets extremly hard like I can just berly put my foot on it and it feels like the calipers are complelty pressed, also my rotors are warped which is why my car shakes a little when ever I put on the brakes but when the brakes feel really hard and I put them on to stop the car will shake so badly that my cd player will skip! Im going to bleed the brakes out later tonght when it cools down a bit but coul that be the prob.¿ I would say when they get hard it only takes about 1/4 of a inch for them to start shaking the car around. Oh two more things about this, I popped the hood after it did it, and there was brake fluid all over the inside of the hood, and you can smell something shorting out.

86LXItooFAST4me
09-13-2004, 11:56 AM
brake fluid in the engine bay? could you tell where it was coming from? it sounds like a bad caliper or two untill you said brake fluid in the engine bay. is it coming out the fill cap or is there a break like leaking? if you are losing fluid you should lose peddal too.

night
09-13-2004, 12:30 PM
......... check the vacuum supply to the booster

mag_pbg
09-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Thanx guys, the brake fluid looked like it came form the resourvior all the fluid was right above where it sits. The pedal isn't sfot at all, it is acually to touchy, there isn't any play in it at all.

accordlxi2.0
09-13-2004, 04:12 PM
ya know that happened to me one time, i screwed the damn lid on wrong and the fluid spilled out.
i thought my booster was going out also. lol !

mag_pbg
09-13-2004, 05:40 PM
that could be why there was brake fluid on mine, I did have to tighten it up, but I still can't explain why the pedal gets so hard to push.

86LXItooFAST4me
09-13-2004, 05:54 PM
bleed your brakes and make sure the cap is on right, and also make sure there isnt anything wrong with the cap. top the brake fluid off and they tell us what happens then.