PDA

View Full Version : Chin Spoiler --> Donor Cars

markmdz89hatch
07-25-2002, 05:04 AM
So here's the deal. On my way in to work this morning, I was looking at all the cars, and their chin spoilers (almost cracked up the Honda from that) to see if one looked like a good donor for our cars.

Here's the verdict:

Of course the CRX

The Aerostar: someone mentioned before, but after a closer look, I think that it's just not deep enough to make it all the way back to the wheel well

Chevy Suburban: Ok you might be thinking, what is he on crack. but look around, when you see one with the little rubber/plastic chin below the (this one was chrome) bumper, take a look, I'd be curious to see someone give it a shot.

VW Jetta: Looks like it could almost be a clean swap.

VW Golf: Same as the Jetta, but might need to be extended in the center. I'm bidding on one on eBay right now. As soon as I get it, I'll give it a shot and post my results.

This one was the show stopper:
Old MAZDA 626: Looks real nice, it's small but makes a world of diff. on that car so just imagine what it'll do to ours. Best of all just by eyeing it, it looks like another one that might just bolt right into place on ours.

If any of you have tried any of these already, please, for the love of GOD post your findings.

:rolleyes:

netfreak
07-25-2002, 06:06 AM
Does that eBay auction have a pic of it? I'd like to see it.

markmdz89hatch
07-25-2002, 06:21 AM
netfreak---->
Sure the link is below. All I ask is that I do not have to compete with other 3Geez members to win this bid. If this works out alright with little modification, I'll be posting a how-to with pictures explaining it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1844950688&rd=1

Let me know what you think. I have not bid on it yet, so if I'm not seeing something that I should, please point it out b4 I waste my money on it.:)

netfreak
07-25-2002, 06:40 AM
No problem.. I'm poor...

Vanilla Sky
07-25-2002, 06:21 PM
best thing would be to make a run on a scrapyard, but... try grand prix, olds achieva, ond one other GM product in that size range all look like good fits.

Derick

gr3k0sLaV
07-26-2002, 07:18 AM
well ive been looking, these are Ford Falcons, S packs, never availble in the US, pretty much exclusive to australia, and these ones have a plastic/fibreglass chin spoiler, on certain models its part of the actually bumper, but it looks separate, and on others its attached by bolts....

now the beauty is they are FUCKING common as can be,
even better though, is that they are slightly wider than the accords, and that they should fit the accord perfectly after a little cutting...im going to tomorrow to find one.

markmdz89hatch
07-26-2002, 07:28 AM
hey gr3k0sLaV, I need to know if you have a part I'm looking for. I need to get a set of Taillights in great-perfect condition from an Aerodeck. Can you help me out with this?

gr3k0sLaV
07-28-2002, 12:10 AM
sorry cant help you. Aerodeck's are rare as around here, ive only seen one, im certain it was newer model than a 3rd gen one, but that's the only one ive seen.

Speak to either aerodeckuk or paul aerodeckuk both named paul.

hondamanlxi
07-28-2002, 10:32 AM
89 Acura legend ls lip!!!!!!

87DXHatch
07-28-2002, 11:24 AM
What about an Acura Vigor? I saw one of those on the highway the other day and the lip on that looked almost the same as like the CRX one.

markmdz89hatch
07-31-2002, 06:44 AM
ok, just went to the junkyard yesterday afternoon, and ended up spending 2 hours there looking for some good stuff for my '89 hatch.

Here's what I came out with:
1st Gen 'Teg. --> took the chin spoiler off it, and just need to extend it about 1.5 in. and it'll bolt right up.

Some sort of Mazda --> the whole car looked like it was a war victim. Fire, all sorts of dents, scratches, the door was litterally ripped of one side. But the front bumper was completely intact. :D ....so I took the chin off it, that too looks like a painless fit.

I'll let you know how well they fit in a few days.

Shagen
08-03-2002, 08:56 AM
did anyone see the guy with the camaro lip? Personally I like the CRX lip, or the idea of making my own air damn

89accordlxi
08-06-2002, 06:51 AM
How about a 91 olds toronado trofeo? I don't know if the lip is detachable or if it is part of the bumper, but it looks like it would fit with some mods because it is definitely to long on the sides just by looking.

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/4000-4999/4195_9_full.jpg

markmdz89hatch
08-06-2002, 07:17 AM
ok, how's this...
I took that Mazda 626 chin that I mentioned before and put it on my car. I ended up having to use 1 1/2 Mazda chins b/c I needed to extend it in the center. Let me know what you think about it....

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4204

:D

markmdz89hatch
08-06-2002, 07:20 AM
yeah, I can make that Olds chin fit. It'll take some work. By the looks of the pic, that should be detachable, if so, give me about 3 hours and my trusty 'ol Dremmel, and just about any chin can be put on our cars.