PDA

View Full Version : lights out

fobia assassin
09-13-2004, 04:11 PM
the lights went out on my climate control. i checked all the fuses and they were fine. what do i need to do to fix it.

thanks

'89AccordLX(Rus)
09-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Which lights in the panel are not working? The ON indicators for the buttons are known to stop working because of the solder joints cracking inside. If the backlighting for the buttons is not working, than its the 2 or 3 bulbs in the panel that are out. There is a how-to on fixing the lights as well.

fobia assassin
09-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Which lights in the panel are not working? The ON indicators for the buttons are known to stop working because of the solder joints cracking inside. If the backlighting for the buttons is not working, than its the 2 or 3 bulbs in the panel that are out. There is a how-to on fixing the lights as well.

the back lighting are the ones that went out and the one that lights up the radio went out too.

Mac
09-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Make sure fuse #19 in the under the hood relay/fuse panel, and fuse #14 in the dash fuse panel are both good. If they are, pull fuse #14 in the dash fuse panel. With fuse #14 out, and fuse #19 in, turn on headlights. Check for 12 volts where you pulled the fuse out. If there is no voltage, good chance the combination switch is bad or dirty contacts. You can take the combo switch apart and clean up the contacts.

fobia assassin
09-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Make sure fuse #19 in the under the hood relay/fuse panel, and fuse #14 in the dash fuse panel are both good. If they are, pull fuse #14 in the dash fuse panel. With fuse #14 out, and fuse #19 in, turn on headlights. Check for 12 volts where you pulled the fuse out. If there is no voltage, good chance the combination switch is bad or dirty contacts. You can take the combo switch apart and clean up the contacts.

I checked all the fuses and they were all right all the other lights inside the car work but the lights the light up the climate control. I have an 88 accord dx. maybe the light bulbs went out?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
09-16-2004, 06:59 AM
It is possible that the bulbs simply burned out. Unless of course your head unit is not illuminating either. When you said the lights that light up the head unit are not coming on, do you mean the lights IN the HU or the green light right above it that shines down on the buttons. If it is the light above it, it is also related to the illumination of the buttons. I think your bulbs have gone out or the bulbs/connectors are not making good contact in the button panel. To pull out the buttons you will need to remove the HU, pop off the plastic nobs on the sliders, remove the plastic panel around the sliders, then remove a couple of screws that hold the button console in and pull it out. You may need to remove the top vents as well, but it may not be needed. Hope this helps.

fobia assassin
09-16-2004, 02:44 PM
It is possible that the bulbs simply burned out. Unless of course your head unit is not illuminating either. When you said the lights that light up the head unit are not coming on, do you mean the lights IN the HU or the green light right above it that shines down on the buttons. If it is the light above it, it is also related to the illumination of the buttons. I think your bulbs have gone out or the bulbs/connectors are not making good contact in the button panel. To pull out the buttons you will need to remove the HU, pop off the plastic nobs on the sliders, remove the plastic panel around the sliders, then remove a couple of screws that hold the button console in and pull it out. You may need to remove the top vents as well, but it may not be needed. Hope this helps.

the light bar is what went out. it is what lights up the climate controls