PDA

View Full Version : i need to know...

87accordhea!
09-14-2004, 10:34 AM
hey wassup peolpe, i just need to know how to get to the passenger window to put my window back on track uhhhh, i dont know how to take the panel off i guess thats wahat its called, n e way i need help.....can n e one help me?

Mike's89AccordLX
09-14-2004, 10:39 AM
It's mainly just a bunch of X head screws. So get you phillips screw driver out and start unscrewing. You might have to take a flat head screw driver to put out the screw covers (little round plastic pieces).

After you get all of the scerws out the door panel needs to pushed up and then just unplug any electrical connections. Then you will need to cut or carefully peel back the protective plastic then you will have access to the window.

-mike

Vinny
09-14-2004, 11:03 AM
There are 3 screws in the arm rest that need to be removed, 1 screw in the door handle trim plate, and 8 plastic clips that hold the panel to the door. They make a trin removal tool for the clips but you should be able to get under the panel and pop them out with 2 flatheads or a thin set of pliers. Careful taking the clips out, if you just yank the panel it will break the area that holds the clips. Push the panel up and pull it outwards after the top edge of is clear of the upper door sill. Disconnect any wiring harness' going to the door panel from the door

To get the window out you'll need to lower the window about half way and remove the 2 bolts holding the wondow to the track. You may or may not have to pull the weather stripping out to get the window out from there.

Theres a full step by step process in the body section of the downloadable service manual found HERE (http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html)

87accordhea!
09-14-2004, 11:17 AM
thanx people, you helped me out a lot 3geez da best PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!