PDA

View Full Version : Local B20A Turbo 3rd gen lude....

unc25
09-15-2004, 01:22 PM
figured id post it here, but will probably get moved to general or off topic...

http://www.importlounge.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20584&st=0&#entry225129

ahh how nice
think the price is a little iffy but hey what do i know?

AccordEpicenter
09-15-2004, 01:55 PM
figured id post it here, but will probably get moved to general or off topic...

http://www.importlounge.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20584&st=0&#entry225129

ahh how nice
think the price is a little iffy but hey what do i know?

Somehow theyve seen robs car... and they dont know shit about the b20a

RobT5580
09-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Not bad but some of his pricing seems a bit off unless he meant he bought a full turbo kit from tom. Im dying to get mine back but i had a few snags at the machine shop and more bad news came this morning. They went to turn the engine over by hand and overlooked the fact that one of the ARP studs (long center one) stuck up to high and he snapped my intake came. So he overnighted a new intake came for the morning so he better have good news in the morning. Even though sometimes i wish i didnt spend so much on mine i look at the bright side and know i have a solid motor with a real strong bottom end and valve train. I cant wait to get it going but i wont rush it if im going to half ass anything and its been over a year so whats a little more time. The good news is if the rest goes well i should have it going soon once i get the AEM EMS and have my tuner come down.

maka_RTH
09-15-2004, 03:14 PM
man, your car is gonna be freaking awesome once it's done. i'd love to hurry and just throw an engine together for my 2dr.., but then i know it won't be done the way i want to, and if i ever go back and do it then that's just doing all the same work over again. so, i figure i'll do it right the first time.

Gregg86DX
09-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Not bad but some of his pricing seems a bit off unless he meant he bought a full turbo kit from tom. Im dying to get mine back but i had a few snags at the machine shop and more bad news came this morning. They went to turn the engine over by hand and overlooked the fact that one of the ARP studs (long center one) stuck up to high and he snapped my intake came. So he overnighted a new intake came for the morning so he better have good news in the morning. Even though sometimes i wish i didnt spend so much on mine i look at the bright side and know i have a solid motor with a real strong bottom end and valve train. I cant wait to get it going but i wont rush it if im going to half ass anything and its been over a year so whats a little more time. The good news is if the rest goes well i should have it going soon once i get the AEM EMS and have my tuner come down.

So was this one of those custom Crower (or was it Crane?) cams, and if so, how in the world are they going to get you a replacement overnight? Do they actually keep that cam in stock?

And what are you going to do about the stud being too long?

Gregg

RobT5580
09-15-2004, 03:31 PM
The cams are from a 90-93 Integra B18A LS and are almost exactly the same as the B20A cams(same grind also) in stock form. The only differences are the b20a exh cam has the groove for the sensor and the ls cams are about 1/16th longer on the cam gear side but was fine with the extra slack on the sprockets. I got them from crower and had them machine the notch for the exhaust cam. So fortunatly he broke the intake cam and is off the shelf basically. He just cut the stud down a bit for clearance but i wish he checked before he forced it over. I cant totally blame him since most of the stuff on my engine came from other applications but he knows he should have checked and he ate the charges for the cam and shipping. The cams are Crower Stage 2 turbo cams for anyone that wants to know 62402T-02. So if all goes well i should get it back tomorrow or friday finally. So if anyone uses the ARP head studs that i posted part numbers for make sure to check for clearance on the intake cam but the exh cam clears fine with that stud and it was one of the two center long studs.

unc25
09-16-2004, 10:50 AM
yeah I thought the pricing was a little off too, but I think the guy bought the whole kit from tom. this is the supposidly the second one they have done, his older brother has one as well.