PDA

View Full Version : need help with swap

87AccordLXsdn
09-15-2004, 04:46 PM
im in the process of taking everything out of another accord to swap my car to a 5 speed. i was just takin the pedals out and i realized, how am i supposed to wire up the clutch switch?? i might of missed it in the how to or just not understood it. i could really use some help on this and any other wire issue i might come across.

smufguy
09-15-2004, 07:00 PM
this is in the wrong section, should be in technical.

Anyways. so ur converting to a 5spd ? you need a 5spd pedal set. you dont really need a clutch switch, mine works without out. I dont know what u changed and what u did not, like the wiring harness and stuff. If u used a 5spd wiring harness (the cabin wiring harness) and it did not have a clutch switch wire, then dont worry. Ur car will start up fine. But again, need more info on what exactly u did so far.

night
09-15-2004, 08:16 PM
clutch switches are for stupid ppl

SteveDX89
09-16-2004, 02:55 AM
Don't worry about the switch. No need to wire it up.

87AccordLXsdn
09-16-2004, 03:29 PM
ok so i dont need the switch but is there anyway that i can cut down the brake pedal in my auto to be the size of a 5 speed?? and when you unbolt the pedals, how does the clutch cable come out?? cuz i looked at the pedals on my auto and they have a hole for the clutch switch so im wondering if the clutch pedal will just bolt up to that somehow?? i didnt check to see if it had a hole for the clutch cable to go through or not tho.

Vanilla Sky
09-16-2004, 03:33 PM
you're better off buying the whole pedal set, as opposed to just the clutch pedal... and i wouldn't worry about the clutch switch, either, as these cars start normally without even pushing the clutch in on vehicles equipped with the 5spd as standard equipment...

87AccordLXsdn
09-16-2004, 04:43 PM
well i have a whole other car sittin in my garage but the pedals are just a bitch to take out. there's one nut that i cant reach at all thats makin me mad

smufguy
09-16-2004, 05:08 PM
well i have a whole other car sittin in my garage but the pedals are just a bitch to take out. there's one nut that i cant reach at all thats makin me mad

do what i did with Jim's (hostilejava's car) drop the steering colum. Only four 12mm bolts hold this thing in and one adjuster (12mm i think) drop it and u will gain access to the one 12mm bolt on the pedal u cant reach. I took the whole steering out for Jim cause it was just too awkward and we were up for straight 10 hours and i was up for 20 hours non-stop so i just had to cut corners and not bust my back.

If u wanna pull the whole steering colum (with the wheel out) get the 10mm bolt on the spline end of the steering column under the removable black cover on the floor pan under the carpet.