PDA

View Full Version : Starting Problem

$40089'accordproject
09-15-2004, 07:30 PM
:sad2: :dunno: My car will start and then i will stop like at sonic and when i try 2 leave it some times dont start but it will try 2 and its eather battery or some thing eless not 2 do with the gas or nothing like that i think it is tha alternator so i cant spell so times lol :sad2:

SrvZro
09-15-2004, 07:37 PM
its probably your distributor. I talked to a honda tech and the distributor is one of the first things to go. If you are sure that you got spark, fuel, and the starter turns like a champ .... go to the junk yard and find a distributer that works. best 30 bucks you'll spend. (just get the insurance).

infecto
09-17-2004, 04:09 AM
Does the engine try and turn over? Is there no noise at all but a clicking sound? Or no noise at all?

$40089'accordproject
09-17-2004, 07:23 AM
infecto yea it dos ewhat u said but i will start after a bit and then some times i wount

86LXItooFAST4me
09-17-2004, 07:43 AM
have you cheaked your battery and alternator? you have fuel injection so i dont think it has anything to do with your ignition, unless you have changed the timing at all. usually in a FI ignition, if something goes bad the car just wont do anything. anyway, check the voltage on the battery, you might even want to get it load tested and see how well your alt is charging.

smufguy
09-20-2004, 08:20 AM
here is the list of things u might wanna do if u have not done em already

- Spark plugs ($1.50 each)
- Cap and rotor ($15 for both)
- Spark WIres ($30, NGK)
- Fuel Filter ($16, autozone)

Usually fuel filter probles relate to hard start and rough running. \

Check ur electrical system checked out at Autozone, its free anyway.

Also get a bottle of a good fuel system cleaner, or guranteed to pass emission stuff and pour it in and run on good gas if u can. Moister in ur tank would make u run bad too.

Also, pull ur main relay out and resolder the terminals carefully (over the old one) to have a peace of mind.

$40089'accordproject
09-23-2004, 07:38 PM
it was just tha battery turmails lol i cant spell

smufguy
09-23-2004, 09:10 PM
it was just tha battery turmails lol i cant spell

t e r m i n a l s . man u killed that word didnt u. but turmails does sound kinda close, but sadly not quite :rofl:

the funny thing is, u are not the first one who has had this problem. We have had too many ppl and even ppl i know complain about that. Thats why i got a stupid screw screwed bwt the terminal and the cable connector on my uncle's car, cause his shit is loose as hell. :rolleyes: