PDA

View Full Version : I love this Car

Dr._8t9LX
09-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Hi,

Just joined up. Been reading for awhile, got the link off Goggle.
I was shopping for a '98 Civic when I found this '89 Accord LX, Automatic, with 84,000 miles at the Honda dealer. Perfect Carfax report and Certified used Honda so i couldn't resist. It was some grama's car, kept in a garage, no fading on paint or interrior(maybe alittle under rear window). The Engine is super clean with all the stickers etc..

I love this car. The Automatic has D3 and a second if I want to pretend it is a stick. It is a little slow on the start but it goes plenty fast when I need it, but not enough to get me a ticket!!

I plan to go what I call "super stock" first, mods that are really just restoration to origional qualitys, but top end. Then I'll start adding all the LX-i stuff, like rear sway bar, disk brakes, and honda alloy wheels. The engine is so clean I don't want to put the FI in it yet.

So far I have added an Alarm system, changed the stuts, painted them red, painted the front calipers just for fun, and removed the hub caps for the black rim effect. New air filter and split tip spark plugs added 2 horses and racing seat covers are just to protect the unfaded grama seats. They do impress the ladys even if i know I am a posseer :dunno: I also had to use silicon rubber on some of the rubber trim at rear window and in the front along hood, the plugs were falling out.

I have photos and a report on changing struts so I will try to get it posted for the How To section, since that one is down. If anyone wants any photos of a super clean stock interrior or engine (carb) for some reason, like a restoration, I got those too.

OK cool, I got one post! :)

:cool:

Jareds 89 LX-i
09-16-2004, 02:56 PM
:welcome: Welcome to the board!! Sounds like you found a real creampuff....sweet. Not too often you find an older Honda like ours with low miles, great find!

NXRacer
09-16-2004, 02:59 PM
good deal man. you have got to have one of the lowest mileage 3g's in existance right now. Looks like you've been doing your research which is AWESOME. Welcome to the board and enjoy your stay.

hondamanlxi
09-17-2004, 04:18 AM
your the kinda newbies we need! :welcome:

SteveDX89
09-17-2004, 07:10 AM
Sweet deal. I wish mine had that low of mileage but it's all good. Good to hear you like the car. They do grow on you. I love mine. Get us some pics.

Busted_Blue
09-17-2004, 10:49 AM
your the kinda newbies we need! :welcome:

amen.

Welcome to the board. I'm glad you already starting to contribute to the board. Majority of the new guys just ask questions which is alright but..when they start to make multiple threads of the same stuff, it becomes a nuisance. You are one in a million. Welcome!

bullard123
09-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Welcome aboard man you will find countless topics and threads pertaining to every single part of this car. It is by far the best forum you will find pertaining to the 3rd Generation Honda accord!

future-spoolnH
09-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Hi man..Sweet deal. Just don't do like i did and put it in the Ditch...It really puts a cramp on the hotness of the hondage. I had seat covers in my car, They are cool. But i also put red neon glow inside too. It was pretty pimp lookin, but to ricer for my tastes now.

Dr._8t9LX
09-26-2004, 10:52 AM
It was pretty pimp lookin, but to ricer for my tastes now.

I know I'm all Rice and no Race, but maybe it will wear off someday! :sad2: