PDA

View Full Version : new to the forum just wanted some help

munkeexxx
07-25-2002, 08:13 AM
Okay here it goes...Ive owned two honda accords in the last year. the first one was a 1988 honda accord lx 4dr but this won was a POS. I still have it but the timing chain broke so i got another car. After the timing chain broke on my first honda i got another honda accord 1989 lxi 4dr. This one is way better. I love this car. I was just wanting to know where should i start wtih the mods and such, i just really want to make this car the bast i can.

i80proofgatorade

bobafett
07-25-2002, 08:53 AM
ah HAHAA, this will be my first post where I can help to guide someone on the basic mods to the car!!!! see i can be useful after all!

alrighty, for starters most of us get the standard intake, headers, and exhuast done.

another good plan would be a high flow cat, a reground cam. there are obviously several others, but these are a good starting point.

oh also the msd and coil can help i belive. i am sure there are plenty bolt ons i overlooked, but those seem to be the main ones before you get into serious work!

there is REALLY good info in the how/to and FAQ section, i have read those forums many times over! :)

anchovies
07-25-2002, 12:02 PM
depends on whr your interest is
go, show, ice, combo of some, all?
just surf around this board..definitely too much things that can keep u busy for a while

pimp86LX
07-25-2002, 09:07 PM
i thought stock cat's were pretty high flow already

munkeexxx
07-25-2002, 09:40 PM
well so far i dont know what to do... performance is a lil to deep for me at the moment

im puttin a tip on the muffler and still trying to put a damn cd deck in it. theres this screw i cant get out and its pissin me off.

i was wondering if anyone knows if i could put the cdplayer in the place where the factory cd player is..

but after i get that done im lookin at a paint job and like a cool lip or sumthin

but give me sum suggestions

i also would like some info bout the SEi stuff i can swap out

pimp86LX
07-25-2002, 10:46 PM
get the 5" tip, thats whut, 25-30hp right there

bobafett
07-25-2002, 11:19 PM
:rolleyes:

well i think a 5 inch fake tip adds like 35 HP!

IS the stock cat high flow? i am not being a smartass, i really dont know!~ :)

if youre not looking for perfromance mods just yet, i would check out the appearance forums.... they have a lot of cool stuff in there right now!

Jims 86LXI HB
07-26-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
i thought stock cat's were pretty high flow already

Have you looked inside yours? I just staired into the inside of mine again not just 6 hours ago. Their ain't no way it can be called high flow, IMHO. My next mod was going to me a high flow cat.