PDA

View Full Version : vacume questions????

89T
09-16-2004, 06:43 PM
I was woundering if I add a turbo do I have to add a bunch of check valves or what?

what i am saying is "the little black box" has alote of lines going to it...
whitch ones do i have to modify and whitch ones I dont?
I know that you should put one on you'r master cylinder , and I have heard of putting a couple that vent to the atmosphere under boost near the map sensor....(weather or not the last one works I don't know.)

Not last but not least a diagram for the s-afc?

This is not my first turbo project but every car is diffrent....
I took a 23 second car down to mid 14's...and almost 4 times the stock horses. you would laugh if i told you what kind of car it is....or i might get mad respect!

i still have it and just need more tunning for lower #'s...

just letting you all know alittle more about me.

smufguy
09-16-2004, 08:49 PM
well the egr solonoid can be taken out if ur not running egr, u need the map, idle control and such. So i guess only one can be taken out from all the 4 solonoids and stuff u got in the emission box. if ur running different ignition system, which i know u are, get rid off the vaccum adv part of the distributor and track it down to the emission box and pull those out too.

Check the FAQ and talk to guys who already have a turbo in their cars to get a better idea.

89T
09-21-2004, 03:50 PM
well the egr solonoid can be taken out if ur not running egr, u need the map, idle control and such. So i guess only one can be taken out from all the 4 solonoids and stuff u got in the emission box. if ur running different ignition system, which i know u are, get rid off the vaccum adv part of the distributor and track it down to the emission box and pull those out too.

Check the FAQ and talk to guys who already have a turbo in their cars to get a better idea.

Thanks for the help..

smufguy
09-21-2004, 04:15 PM
not a problem buddy.