PDA

View Full Version : Hi Perf A20 Mounts????

DeathRat
09-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Well I just got my HO 160A Alt replaced under warranty. It seems that the OEM Mounts for my A20 are not sufficient enough to dampen the road vibration to my Alternator. I cracked the rear housing it seems. I contacted: http://www.prothane.com/ but they tell me that no one they know of makes performance mounts for this engine. :uh:

Question I have for you all is this then...... :help:
WTF am I to do to stiffen up my present mounts to dampen against road vibration? I can't just keep replacing my HO Alt every 2 months! BTW! I do race this car alot & at excessive speeds of letz say greater than 180Km/Hr or around 115 MPH! :cool:

shepherd79
09-16-2004, 08:16 PM
i don't see how your engine vibrates unless you have blown mount at first place. just replace the mounts with OEM ones and you will be set to go.

DeathRat
09-16-2004, 08:25 PM
I just had my mounts all checked....they're fine!

I think it's because of the excess vibration from high speed & road conditions up here! BTW! The roads here really SUCK! Full of pot holes & the like for starters.
I guess I could stop speeding & racing.......NAH! I need a solution.....I was looking for pollimer or urethane mounts though.

shepherd79
09-17-2004, 03:50 AM
most likely you will have to make your own mounts.

DeathRat
09-17-2004, 06:35 AM
most likely you will have to make your own mounts.
Thnx Alex......I was afraid of that......I guess yet another R&D project is under way then.... :mad:

SteveDX89
09-17-2004, 06:59 AM
I've got terrible roads here, lowered 2.25" on Sprints and poly engine mounts and I have nothing breaking, except a PS pump bracket but it was shitty in the first place. Something is wrong with your current mounts.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-17-2004, 07:26 AM
You can just buy a urethane kit and make your own really easy. I thought I saw a kit for like $30

carotman
09-17-2004, 07:57 AM
I make my own Poly mount (well my girslfriend did it hehe)

All you need to do is go to a hardware store (like Home Depot) and buy some Eurethane in a tube. Fill the side and rear mount with that eurethane. Let it dry. and you're done.

86LXItooFAST4me
09-17-2004, 08:45 AM
well is there anyway we could fabricate a performace mount for a similar engine to fit ours? kinda like what the did for the B series swap mounts?

DeathRat
09-17-2004, 04:53 PM
well is there anyway we could fabricate a performace mount for a similar engine to fit ours? kinda like what the did for the B series swap mounts?
I was thinking along these lines too. :help:

DeathRat
09-17-2004, 04:54 PM
I make my own Poly mount (well my girslfriend did it hehe)

All you need to do is go to a hardware store (like Home Depot) and buy some Eurethane in a tube. Fill the side and rear mount with that eurethane. Let it dry. and you're done.
How are these holding out?????

myaccord7
09-18-2004, 06:44 PM
i have some friends with civics, integras, and delsols that made their own mounts. they all have a lot of things down to their cars. i'll ask them to see what they did.

zach

night
09-18-2004, 08:27 PM
come on guys. think about this. he says things are breaking from vibration, but he wants *stiffer* mounts :stick:

Vanilla Sky
09-18-2004, 09:43 PM
it's probably not breaking from vibration, it's probably breaking because it's getting slammed around too much...

deathrat, if nothing else, find some suspension bushings for the dogbone... that's the big enemy when it comes to shitty mounts in our cars...

AccordEpicenter
09-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Fill Them Wit 3m Window Weld... That Fixez Em ... Sor Y Gpuz Im Drunk.....

SteveDX89
09-19-2004, 07:23 AM
come on guys. think about this. he says things are breaking from vibration, but he wants *stiffer* mounts :stick:

Stiffer mounts will keep the engine from moving around so much. It'll vibrate the car more, not the engine.

DeathRat
09-19-2004, 07:25 AM
it's probably not breaking from vibration, it's probably breaking because it's getting slammed around too much...

deathrat, if nothing else, find some suspension bushings for the dogbone... that's the big enemy when it comes to shitty mounts in our cars...
According to my Alternator rebuilder, my present mounts are adequete but road vibration seems to be getting absorbed by the alternator & it's harness.

Has anyone tried putting in SOLID mounts? Like some have done for racing larger RWD's with big blocks.

DeathRat
09-19-2004, 07:26 AM
i have some friends with civics, integras, and delsols that made their own mounts. they all have a lot of things down to their cars. i'll ask them to see what they did.

zach
Thnx