PDA

View Full Version : Frozen caliper on Parts Car

FatDave
09-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Anyone have a quick fix for frozen rear calipers on my Se-i parts car?, i was stripping the rear disc from my SE-i for a swap on my hatch, and realized that the one caliper was frozen, the other went back in just fine. everything else is in great shape, except the springs had been heated, the rotors look brand new, i had my brother-in-law turn them for me. i really dont want to heat the caliper, seeing as i had a problem doing that on my prelude.
and if i cant unfreeze the caliper is there any models that will interchange with it?

thegreatdane
09-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Did you turn the piston while pushing it in? You have to turn it like it had thread.
I just use a pipe wrench but be carefull not to destroy the rubber boot.

FatDave
09-17-2004, 04:47 PM
yeah, we tried the tool thats made for it, no luck.

thegreatdane
09-17-2004, 04:53 PM
I think you need to get it overhauled then.. And if you do, you should get both of the calibers done at the same time to avoid any differences between the calibers. I dont know about the US but where I live it's not really expencive to get done.

FatDave
09-18-2004, 11:01 PM
eh,i bought the kit and had my brother rebuild both of them, new hardware also just to be sure i wont be having any trouble out of them, thanks for info man

SteveDX89
09-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Rebuild them or buy new calipers. It's also a safety and peace of mind issue.