PDA

View Full Version : EFI or Carb?

Ludi Mali
09-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Ok, here's my dilema, im definately getting another 3gee, its going to be fi because i need a daily driver. now, should i turbo dual dcoe's on the lx or should i turbo the efi. If i turbo the carbs theres no way it will pass emissions so it will end up being a track car.

shepherd79
09-17-2004, 06:30 PM
you will have hard time tunning carbs to run under boost.
just turbo EFi. it is alot easier to do and you can still pass emissions

Ludi Mali
09-17-2004, 06:38 PM
yeah, but a friend of mine has experience tuning turbo'd carbs, so i figure that takes away a large portion of the difficulty. (probably shoulda put that in original post)

Civvy
09-17-2004, 06:43 PM
I'ts better to go EFI for lots of reasons but, there is a thread in project central for running DCOE's but it doesn't look like anybody's conqured it yet!
A lot of people are afraid of Carbs and say its not worth it.

However, Lotus ran a Weber/turbo and a popular one in the u.k is the renault 5. it also ran a carb and was very reliable!!

...don't know..carbs are sooo much cheaper. Its the way i want to go!

Ludi Mali
09-17-2004, 06:46 PM
yeah that project thread is what got me thinking about turboing the carb. Either will be really fast in the end.

shepherd79
09-17-2004, 06:49 PM
i think you can extract more HP with EFI than carb. EFI is a lot more efficient when it comes making power.

Civvy
09-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Yes that is true till yer blue. but it takes deeper pockets!

smufguy
09-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Ok, here's my dilema, im definately getting another 3gee, its going to be fi because i need a daily driver. now, should i turbo dual dcoe's on the lx or should i turbo the efi. If i turbo the carbs theres no way it will pass emissions so it will end up being a track car.

there are cars here in NJ that push 450whp and still pass legally in state inspection and you know about NJ inspection. we fail for aftermarket fog lights and stickers. Anywho, tune ur ecu (standalone or modified ecu running piggyback) with the tables off a standard ecu and u should be good.