PDA

View Full Version : 85 lude suspension

Coy
09-18-2004, 11:28 PM
since ive already gotten the info im lookin for on the brakes, theres a few other parts id like to swap from the lude Si.

id bet the antiswap bar is larger, but will it fit my 85 accord? im still lookin for part numbers for the springs, and im wondering if they would give my accord a minor stance change and also if the struts will fit.

PhydeauX
09-19-2004, 09:39 PM
The back suspension will, the front wont. You can't use the rear swaybar from a lude though, the spare tire well is diferent and it wont clear. It doesn't look any thicker anyway. If you car doesn't have a rear bar look for an 85 hatch, most of the hatches had them. I'm not sure if it was standard or an option on the hatch but the only 2g sedan I've ever seen with a rear bar was the se-i. You do have to swap the rear control arms to put a rear bar on a 2g and it can be a pain in the ass if the bolts have started to rust.

andy

Coy
09-23-2004, 12:15 PM
the sei hatch prolly wasnt in the usdm market, so unless im wrong i guess that kills that idea.

the main point to the upgrades i want is so the car doesnt roll in corners. it seems to like that, but it could also just be the fact that the struts are bad. i dunno but weve got some pretty mean onramps around here and ive gotten the rear tires to loose a bit of grip on them. ive already got Z tires to put on it and i plan on putting some KYBs on it but im not totally positive if thatll completely kill the roll if that doesnt work i suppose i could either cut or compress the springs a bit, although i dont like either one of those options.