PDA

View Full Version : Euro front light assembly swap

RED LXI
09-19-2004, 05:08 PM
I've made up my mind to swap the flip ups. I just need to know how i can get the parts ( fenders, lights, hood and the piece in between the lights. I've been working on this car for two years and now that I'm finally about to finnsh, I want the car to be something different. any info or cantact info will be greatly appreciated. :rockon:

shepherd79
09-20-2004, 04:35 AM
you will have to find someone who lives overseas to get you all the stuff.

thegreatdane
09-20-2004, 06:59 AM
That's some heavy stuff to get shipped.

smufguy
09-20-2004, 08:36 AM
I've made up my mind to swap the flip ups. I just need to know how i can get the parts ( fenders, lights, hood and the piece in between the lights. I've been working on this car for two years and now that I'm finally about to finnsh, I want the car to be something different. any info or cantact info will be greatly appreciated. :rockon:

my advice is, get the 1st gen legend front end conversion. THe euro 3rd gen and the 1st gen legend fronts looked pretty much the same.

1st gen legend (1989 model shown)
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/12/web/372000-372999/372272_1_full.jpg

Euro 3g.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/412000-412999/412806_1_full.jpg

Reason being that the parts are available (at a junkyard) and u dont have to spend a fortune for shipping besides, IMO u will be much more original with a Legend conversion than a Euro conversion.

thegreatdane
09-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Original? I've never seen anyone from the US who converted to euro headlights yet. But agreed I know what you mean, it would look cool with the legend lights but would involve a lot more work than with the euro lights if you could get those shipped over.

smufguy
09-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Original? I've never seen anyone from the US who converted to euro headlights yet. But agreed I know what you mean, it would look cool with the legend lights but would involve a lot more work than with the euro lights if you could get those shipped over.

agreed. but the money and time spent, will be the same or close to the legend. and in case u get into an accident over here. It would blow cause u gotta find an euro hood/light/bumper and stuff to fix it.

The 1st gen legend and our 3g shared a lot of parts, so i dont see why it wont be possible with a lil work. All i know is that our hood is wider and the legend hood is longer (measured at the junkyard a while back when i had a C27 swap in my mind).

Moodybluesr
09-20-2004, 09:45 PM
The front end of the Legend is actually stretched (about four inches iirc) to accomodate the V6, which would make the front end swap you are proposing rather difficult compared to the Euro conversion... although the parts would be cheaper to obtain.

RED LXI
10-19-2004, 05:11 PM
NO INFORMATION ON THE EURO FRONT YET, IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. TRUST ME YOU WON'T BE WASTING YOUR TIME, BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE THE MONEY(WHATEVER IT MAY COST) I JUST NEED TO FIND SOMEWHERE OR SOMEONE WILLING TO GET THE PARTS, SHIPPING IS NO BIG DEAL. :smokin: