PDA

View Full Version : Car broken into...AGAIN!!

88ACCORDLXFaSho
07-25-2002, 01:11 PM
This is the 5th time in a year. First, my antenna was stolen at school, then my faceplate was taken and my dash fucked up, then my ignition was messed up by an attempted theft of the car, then my spoiler was stolen on Christmas Eve, and now this last night. This is almost one year to the day of the took my faceplate for the first time. I was parked at the Mariners game on Alaskan Way (any of my WA peeps know that this is a prime parking place for ball games) there are no residental areas around there. It is paralell to Hwy 99, and everyone knows that all the cars along there are for the Mariners game. I even have an alarm. They smashed my front passenger window in, got into my glove box, took my faceplate, got into my trunk, took subs, amp, tool set, and torque wrentch. I almost wish they would have just taken the whole thing(CD Player) because replacement faceplates cost just as much as new players. They left the radar detector, cell phone, and CD's. Thanks for listening to me vent. Now I don't know what the fuck to do.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
07-25-2002, 01:46 PM
DO U PUMP UR SYSTEM LOUD IN UR HOOD? IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY MUST BE TARGETING UR CAR!! 5 FIVES TIMES? ALARMS CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH...ESPECIALLY IN A CROWDED PARKING SPACE WHEN NOBODY IS AROUND!! PLUS PPL USUALLY IGNORE ALARMS...DID ANY OTHER CARS GET HIT BESIDES URS? I FEEL UR PAIN

RobT5580
07-25-2002, 07:29 PM
My other accord was broke into so im real paranoid about where i park it and i dont drive it certain places and if i do i park it close to where its watched over. I disconected the cable to release the trunk and im working on installing a hood lock and im planning on working on an additional lock for the trunk to prevent any problems in the future. Its getting bad they will take anything and i saw a car that had the spoiler stolen and i was thinking that by the time the rip it off it will probably be mangled so what is the point.

shepherd79
07-26-2002, 06:19 AM
you can lock the trunk from inside.
this way they want be able to open it from inside.
you can lock the glove boox too.

YK86
07-26-2002, 11:35 AM
That really sucks. How come you keep leaving your faceplate in the car though???

RobT5580
07-26-2002, 11:51 AM
Yeah you can lock the trunk from inside but it is very easy to bypass that or just rip the cover off and pull the cable. Its not worth the convenience if you have a lot of money sittin in your trunk. And the person breaking in your car dont care about it so they will rip it apart. I saw an Sei with the whole middle vent broken out so they could rip out the head unit.

kennycm
07-30-2002, 05:34 AM
One of my boys got his car broken into at work. The crazy thing is that he has an alarm and there is a security guard who "patrols" the parking lot. My car was broken into when I was at church. They took everything except my tv because I had it hidden between the seats. At least I was at church though, no better place to be.

kennycm
07-30-2002, 05:37 AM
One of my friends know a lot of people who are professional theives and he says that the dumbest but most often made mistake by people is to leave their faceplate in the glove compartment. I used to do it but then he told me and now I take it with me because it is worth the walk. Another thing that you should try to avoid is, don't thump your music with the window down watching everyone because even though the girls are watching you, the thieves are watching you too. I think that's how I got robbed the first time.

88ACCORDLXFaSho
07-30-2002, 02:13 PM
Alright, it is my dumbass mistake for leaving it in the glove compartment, and I did take it with me all the time after the first time my car was broken ito, but after awhile, I let my guard down a bit, and I guess I paid the price for it. I guess there's no point in me having subs i I cant use em around people, which, in Seattle, is kinda hard to do.

MiGeY
07-30-2002, 02:31 PM
I know how you feel :(

Two months ago my car(not the accord) was broken into. Those bastards took my deck, subs, and amps. It was $1500 worth of shit. I'm just glad they didn't take my fronts and rears, thats another $700. My car was sitting in my drive way beside my house... Its kind off my fault too, I forgot to set the alarm :mad:
I still havn't bought new subs or amps... not sure when or if I will. I probably will though cuz I love my music...

Then a couple weeks ago my car alarm went off(now I had the Accord) so I ran to check it out but there was nothing. I think those fucks were testing to see if I actually had an alarm and not just a blinking light. They are just waiting....

So a couple days ago my fiancee got her deck stolen when it was in my drive way... I think I've been targeted...

My brother has a plan though. What we might do is put an empty sub box in his Jimmy against the seat so it looks like there are subs in it. Maybe add some other little things that might catch there attention. Then just wait for those fucks to try something because it seems they check every few days.

Dman87LX
07-30-2002, 02:35 PM
is your car really flashy? i think thats one thing thieves look for..i try to keep my car all stock looking with just tinted windows to give the idea that i dont have a system or anything good to be stolen. and having one of the top 10 most stolen cars in the u.s doesnt really help tho.

88ACCORDLXFaSho
07-30-2002, 07:13 PM
Thanks for sypmathizing with me. My car is a little flashy, with spoiler, rims, lowered, tinted windows. Probably doesn't help, does it? Yeah, I don't know if I am gonna get more subs or not.