PDA

View Full Version : How low can ya go

phenox
09-21-2004, 08:38 AM
I have relatives that live like all over the country when im finally drivin back and forth i dont want height to be a problem. Since im gonna wind up gettin coilovers ne way i wanted to kno like what are the heights that would be somewhat questionable where ure located

NXRacer
09-21-2004, 10:09 AM
coilovers would suck for long distance driving since your ride is going to be bouncy as hell the whole time. i'd say if you're going long distance, go all the way up so your ride is as comfortable as possible. thats the nice thing about CO's. you can raise them up if you need to.

88accordhb
09-21-2004, 10:15 AM
yah, plus lowering it doesn't make it more compfy, it's opposite.

jigga225
09-21-2004, 04:01 PM
on my 8 hour drive from Austin, TX to New orleans, LA....
I left my CO's at the regular height. I didn't have any problem.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/389640_85_full.jpg

smufguy
09-21-2004, 04:41 PM
I have relatives that live like all over the country when im finally drivin back and forth i dont want height to be a problem. Since im gonna wind up gettin coilovers ne way i wanted to kno like what are the heights that would be somewhat questionable where ure located

in that case, ask yourself why you need to lower ur car. do u want it to handle good, or u want to just look good? cause once the car is lowered, with the shitty seats we got, you will be noticing small bumps like you never imagined. IF u wanna run coilovers, run the softest one with no more than 1.5" drop, cause u will scrape on things and not be able to go to automatic carwashes and such.

With just a 2" drop on mine, i find it hard to go over raised up manholes withou scraping. Hell i cant even go over a stupid soda can tipped over on its side. Also, i cant go to some automatic carwashes since they say my car is too low.

and back seat issue. I can carry no more than a combined weight of 300 lbs in the rear seat, which is like two chicks weight at a max of 150lbs and no more. Cause i did it once with my friends and in a small dip in the road, i just threw sparks fron underneat.

And then comes the problem of tire firtment without scrapping (wider tires of course) and winter driving and camber kits (80 bucks for one side????? ) and so forth.

As did the many replies stated, you will have significant sacrifice in the drive of your car if you want ur car lowered.

phenox
09-22-2004, 05:46 AM
aight thanx ill take that all into consideration when im gettin all this stuff done within the next few months. Hopefully ill be able to see some of u guys when i get the hell outta here.