PDA

View Full Version : Help - power to pump !

GreenMachine
07-25-2002, 01:52 PM
I'm finnally done putting my conversion to efi , but I'm not getting any power to fuel pump ? I've checked there is power at fuse box under the dash but not at the pump. I'm I maybe missing something in the conversion, isn't there somekinda relay for the pump that tells it when the engine is running, so it doesn't pump when the engine has died or is turned off. Or does the compter control that and is there something that possible need to be reset on the cpu ?
Any ideas ? thanx ! :confused:

dj99
07-25-2002, 04:26 PM
Did you install the main relay? Carbs have a fuel cut-off relay on the back of the fusebox, and EFI has the main relay. Maybe yours is shot, like many others?

GreenMachine
07-25-2002, 04:46 PM
So the relay is the same then for carbs - on the fuse box is where it is located ? If I just grab the fuse box out of that 89 maybe that would fix this issue ?

GreenMachine
07-28-2002, 02:23 PM
Ahhhhh..... Main Realy .....ahhh I seee :stick:

GreenMachine
08-04-2002, 03:01 PM
Damn main relay - 2 wires going to relay are not gettin power when there supposed to be, constant power and ign power. Anybody else who did this conevrsion run into any probs like this or can think of something I missed. To me it seems like I don't have somthin plugged in, but everything seems to be plugged in.
dunno any ideas !
There is that silver box up beside the main relay/vacumn cruise device that is maybe needed ? anybody know what that is I think it is for cruise .

smufguy
08-06-2002, 02:24 PM
hehehe, seems like more probs for our dear friend greenie.