PDA

View Full Version : Best Way To Fix Wheels Wells

TEXANHATCH
09-22-2004, 07:10 AM
Hi, guys I am a new member. I bought a few weeks ago a nice looking 88 hatchback lx-i. The interior looks pretty good and the exterior looks fine except for some rust behind the wheels on the wheels wells. There are a small holes there. Do you know the best way to fix it? I live in Texas and this car, according the autocheck report, use to be driven in Ohio a few years ago so I guess that the snow and salt messed it up. Now here in Texas I dont think that the rust its gonna get too bad so I am planning to fix it or stop it. Any suggestions? Bondo? epoxy? put a steel sheet? :dunno: Thanks in advance for your time to read this message.

keruhas184
09-22-2004, 07:39 AM
:welcome: to the board. Pease check out this how-to: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=4563

You can normally find it in the "how-to" section. Check there, the FAQ and stickies for most common questions. If you have a specific question, search for it first and if you still can't find your answer, post away.

Good luck with your hatch :)

HostileJava
09-22-2004, 07:45 AM
This is a common problem with our cars, the area should really be cut out at least an inch around any visible rust and then new metal welded in and painted.

MrBen
10-05-2004, 11:16 AM
I tried the route of sanding it down to just bare metal and the rust came back, and I even used rust killer. Just cut it all out so you don't have to deal with it again.