PDA

View Full Version : Integra 2nd Gen ( 90-93 ) Clutch cable swap B20A

carotman
09-22-2004, 01:26 PM
With my new B20A swap, I didn't like the way the clutch cable goes in the enginebay. It rubbed against the valve cover and the angle was far from optimal on the transmission bracket.

I decided to try a 90-93 Integra clutch cable and see how it fits. (got it for 15 bucks at the junkyard)

So far the fitting is alot better. Also, it is routed above the intake manifold just like the EFI speedo cable. It leaves more room for Turbo guys and un crowds the front on the enginebay.

The fitting is great except that the adjustment bolt on the transmission is almost at the maximum. some washers would solve the problem I guess.

The rubber seal on the firewall is bigger on the integra so I will have to work out something but so far I like how it fits.

I will take pictures soon.

Sabz5150
09-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Will this work for the A20? I'd like to move the clutch cable out of the way.

carotman
10-01-2004, 07:52 AM
yup, that's why I posted this here :)

Works for the EFI B20A and A20A. It will not work if you have a stock carb.

You can see the cable right here!

http://img57.exs.cx/img57/1192/engine3.jpg

No more cables in front of the engine.

thegreatdane
10-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Great. Now if only we could get the PS hose the other way around the engine like newer Honda's, then we would be set.

SteveDX89
10-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Great. Now if only we could get the PS hose the other way around the engine like newer Honda's, then we would be set.

Bye bye, PS. :)

carotman
10-01-2004, 03:17 PM
a 88-91 civic cable would also work I guess.

For the PS line, You can have a custom one made. I thought about that too. I like my Powersteering too much to ditch it.

Maybe I'll do that next year (I'm storing the car for the winter)

train
10-05-2004, 05:30 PM
good lookin engine bay. yeah, the DA's engine bay is very crowded and messy from the factory. i've seen very few clean and open DA engine bays. yours looks pretty good. i like the color of your valve cover. my friend has a B16 DA and he wants his engine bay a little cleaner too. he has too much stuff floating around he says.

EDIT: bah, i'm a retard. for some reason i thought you had a DA, but you just used a DA's clutch cable. still, nice engine bay.

smufguy
10-05-2004, 09:28 PM
when are those headers comin in Jean? looks like ur car is a lil sad without its headers. and the cruize, needs to go