PDA

View Full Version : um, is it sposed to be like that?

Bigmaxxin
09-22-2004, 07:13 PM
hey guys, i hope you can help me with something i noticed on my car the other day. i have the a20a3 motor, and where the motor and the tranny mount together, there is a hole right above the badging that indicates that this is in fact a a20a3. i can see the tourque converter mounting bolts and everything inside, is it supposed to be exposed like that? i havent had a chance to run it yet, because i am still waiting on a missing motor mount, so im not sure if fluid will be lost through it.(BTW this is a '87 auto tranny on a '89 motor)

2ndgenludedude1986
09-22-2004, 07:21 PM
its normal!!! thats jsut where the flywheel is and where you check the timing wihta timing light.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
09-22-2004, 07:52 PM
The hole you see usually has a rubber plug the covers it up. Because many mechanics never plug it back up after setting the timing, the rubber plug disappears. It doesn't hurt anything.

smufguy
09-22-2004, 08:25 PM
and the torque converter has the fluid inside it, not on the outside, so u dont have to worry about the fluid spraying thru that hole. I would say just tape that hole or get a plug from the junkyard or something and plug it if ucan. The main thing that is exposed is the flywheel as mentioned, u dont want any dirt to get in there, its not crucial, but its just something i would like to do, thats why i stole one from a 4g, but the bitch wont fit completely.

Bigmaxxin
09-24-2004, 12:02 PM
sick thanx