PDA

View Full Version : A sad story

future-spoolnH
09-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Hi, Newbie here. I have a sad story about my first love, my baby...But hopefully i can change the ending to a better one.

My current love is a 1996 Honda Accord, 25th anniversary edition. I love it and have been playing it for a little while, nine months actually.

But my heart still belongs with my first love. It is a 1987 Honda Accord LX..It was my first car. I bought it with my own money fresh out of HS...No help from my parents. It was my sweety. I loved that car, and did some work to it. It was pretty fast and i did pretty good at the street races(back in my ricer days). But then i wrecked it, :sad2: actually a ditch wrecked it, but i just helped it find the ditch. Trashed the front end and the rear quater panel. I rebuilt it, with my own two hands, but it never ran the same. So 4 months after i rebuilt it, i bought my current car. But i kept my 87, Sentimental value. (i'm a softie) :rolleyes: I never thought anything could be done. But this site has given me new hope. I now have big plans. Thanks for all the awesome information and all the help

88accordalltheway
09-22-2004, 08:03 PM
welcome to the board, and were all here to help. Be sure to use the search bar when you think you have a question that can be easily answered. Good to hear another 3gee will be up and running soon. Good luck with it.

keruhas184
09-22-2004, 08:04 PM
Good to know you love a 3g. But man, think of it from a realistic viewpoint. Just spend a grand or 1500 on a new clean 3g to work with. You could even use your lx as a parts car.

Oh... and :welcome:

future-spoolnH
09-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I thought about that. But then i figured that thats $1500 is almost the price of an engine. The bodies in good shape, nothing i can't handle, but what i really plan on doing is swapping in an engine and turboing it. So that money, i decided, would be better spent going toward an engine.

Elijah
09-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I thought about that. But then i figured that thats $1500 is almost the price of an engine. The bodies in good shape, nothing i can't handle, but what i really plan on doing is swapping in an engine and turboing it. So that money, i decided, would be better spent going toward an engine.

Good plan and welcome.What do you plan on swapping in?Another a20?If you do you should go EFI.There are a few of us that are already turbo.

88accordhb
09-22-2004, 08:28 PM
welcome, from the begining, i thought you were gonna say your gf died. wow!

future-spoolnH
09-22-2004, 08:28 PM
I haven't really decided. I was looking at doing the B20 engine swap, maybe building it. But i really want to turbo it. How much boost are you running?

future-spoolnH
09-22-2004, 08:32 PM
welcome, from the begining, i thought you were gonna say your gf died. wow!

Now that WOULD be a sad story. My gf tells me i love my cars more than her! but it's not true, i love them as much as her. :rolleyes:

od2681
09-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Now that WOULD be a sad story. My gf tells me i love my cars more than her! but it's not true, i love them as much as her. :rolleyes:
now cmon you know you love cars more..lol
nice to see a 3g brought back from the dead...that would make it a zombie..

future-spoolnH
09-22-2004, 08:48 PM
now cmon you know you love cars more..lol
nice to see a 3g brought back from the dead...that would make it a zombie..

With all the blood it stole from me with scrapped knuckles and crap, it can be classified as being almost human.