PDA

View Full Version : wiring deck - ign power

GreenMachine
07-25-2002, 05:57 PM
Would it be allright to use the cig lighter as the ign power - so the deck comes on when you turn the key ?

pimp86LX
07-25-2002, 06:09 PM
whats wrong with your ign wire now?

i spose it COULD work, but then you'd have no lighter. :-P aslo make sure its fused etc etc..

kennycm
07-26-2002, 07:07 AM
I used to have that setup because my radio wires melted and couldn't find them. When I wired it that way, my wires used to get really hot and you don't have any constant memory so I had to keep programming my radio stations and cd choices. It was so ghetto but I had to have music when I was driving, lol.

89bumblethumper
07-28-2002, 07:54 PM
you can always hook ur ign wire to your battery, so when your car starts so does the head-unit...it is the same basis as your amps...but why dont you just have the power (yellow) wire hooked into the back of your head-unit???

GreenMachine
07-28-2002, 08:59 PM
Ya I think I found the stock power wire yellow/red - I'll try and see if its the right one. I compared it with the one of my other wire harness and its the same color so, i guess prob solved thanx yall !

POS carb
07-28-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by kennycm
I used to have that setup because my radio wires melted and couldn't find them. When I wired it that way, my wires used to get really hot and you don't have any constant memory so I had to keep programming my radio stations and cd choices. It was so ghetto but I had to have music when I was driving, lol.

you obviously had a short circuit man :stupid:

pimp86LX
07-28-2002, 09:03 PM
test it with a test light first
can neverbe too careful
aslo try and trace it back to the fuse
you'd want that puppy fused for sure

GreenMachine
07-30-2002, 09:43 PM
Just found the stock ign power of the stock deck harness. Its the only wire I'm using from the deck harness. But she works yaaa I got music :cool: