PDA

View Full Version : good siren?

Ludi Mali
09-24-2004, 07:52 PM
I have an auto mate alarm that the previous owner installed just to have the remote door locks, but he never installed the siren for the alarm. Just wondering who makes a good, loud siren. The flashers still blink if you get in without turning the alarm off, but theres just no sound. Also i guess this falls in a semi-similar category, where is our horn. I wanna replace it with something less gay sounding.

MrBen
09-24-2004, 08:04 PM
I dunno Alpine's sirens are pretty loud. I have a few of them laying around but they're old.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
09-25-2004, 05:15 AM
I have to agree with GhettoAccord, Alpine sirens are quiet loud and annoying. Mine came with the alarm system and is louder than any other ones I have heard. Other than that, check around the places that sell or install car alarms in your area. They usually will sell parts for alarm systems. There are two horns on our cars. One is installed on the driverside behind the bumper, and the other is installed on the passenger side behind the bumper.

catalin
09-27-2004, 11:54 AM
I have an auto mate alarm that the previous owner installed just to have the remote door locks, but he never installed the siren for the alarm. Just wondering who makes a good, loud siren. The flashers still blink if you get in without turning the alarm off, but theres just no sound. Also i guess this falls in a semi-similar category, where is our horn. I wanna replace it with something less gay sounding.

All alarm sirens are about 120 to 125db... I'm pretty sure that there is somekind of law that limits their output.