PDA

View Full Version : Subzzzzzzzz

Klue
09-25-2004, 05:03 PM
Well, iam in the market for subs and i want something that has good freq response but also High output, i what subs you all have been satisfied with, could you name a few?

ty

88accordhb
09-25-2004, 05:16 PM
my friend has some infinity 12's don't know model exactly but it was better than his 2 kicker 12's, that's for sure.

Klue
09-26-2004, 07:23 AM
I heard good things about infinity, right now i have some cerwin vega 12s, there great but i heard they dont sound to well in sealed boxes, so i was looking for sumthing that would give tight accurate base(sealed) but could still crack pavement :)

Moodybluesr
09-26-2004, 11:10 AM
I have a pair of Boston Acoustics 12.5LF Pro subs in the trunk of my Accord; if you are willing to shell out the cash, they are definately worth it. :D

88accordalltheway
09-26-2004, 03:10 PM
dude, go infinity. I have some 12" infinity refrences and they fucking slam. Ive heard the infinity kappa perfects, and their about one and a half times as loud as the refrences. My infinities set car alarms off everyday at my school, and their only being powered by a 650 watt amp. Im getting a 1400 watt amp for the soon, so you could imagine how loud they are. Oh yea, i got both of mine off ebay for 90 bucks, shipped. Their used though so i dont expect them to last forever if i push them alot. IMO the infinity subs are the best for their price, and id definatly go with them.

Klue
09-28-2004, 08:09 AM
I would like to get some infinities but i dont know where to get them, i want to get some from a store so i could get warranty anyone know where to cop some?

z3bra
10-14-2004, 06:29 PM
It depends on what you want your subs to do, go inifinity if you want a good sounding sub, go audiobahn if you like stuff falling off ur car. I love bass personally, and i like it to hit super hard. Infinity and audiobahn are my two picks hands down.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-14-2004, 07:10 PM
It depends on what you want your subs to do, go inifinity if you want a good sounding sub, go audiobahn if you like stuff falling off ur car. I love bass personally, and i like it to hit super hard. Infinity and audiobahn are my two picks hands down.

Audiobahn is garbage IMO... I have heard from many people that infinity's are good, but have no personal experience.

I personally have an Xtant X104 10". 500W RMS, 1500 Peak... hits pretty low for a 10, and has excellent frequency response. It is a really good sub, and sounds really nice, but it costs a bit more than infinity's.
But if I had the money, I would be buying an Eclipse titanium, awesome sub, or a Focal polykevlar/

z3bra
10-14-2004, 07:27 PM
well high end audiobahn equipment is excellent, its just a guess but i take it you heard audiobahns blow easy.

reference audiobahns blow real easy, the cone on reference's arent made out of very good material, but thats why you spend the extra 20 bucks and get a warranty, or just get something better

Hash_man_Se_i
10-14-2004, 09:08 PM
well high end audiobahn equipment is excellent, its just a guess but i take it you heard audiobahns blow easy.

reference audiobahns blow real easy, the cone on reference's arent made out of very good material, but thats why you spend the extra 20 bucks and get a warranty, or just get something better

I dunno, i'm more into SQ, then SPL, so i think that the sound quality from audiobahns is terrible IMO, but i guess thats not what theyre made for.
Also, I would much rather buy a product which the company has faith in, like my Xtant, I don't have to spend money on a warranty, it came with a 3year factory warranty incase anything went wrong.

z3bra
10-14-2004, 09:16 PM
well i meant a warranty as in retail, instant, you dont have to ship to get a new one, you get it from where you bought it, like circuit city, but thats for more reference type woofers

i run audiobahn and i also have a 2 year warranty, and its not even an audiobahn authorized retailer

and see thats the difference, i like the high sound pressure

it all comes down to what you want out of your system

Strugglebucket
10-15-2004, 02:22 AM
IMO, these (http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_brahma/) are the best value in spl/sq subs right now.