PDA

View Full Version : Official "3GEEZ" 3rd Brake Light Cut-Out

MIK3
09-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Well, after much modification and measuring, it looks like I just might have a cut out for you guys.

This defeats the purpose of about 70% of my How-To, but it's easy on you guys, haha. So here you go:

http://www.freewebs.com/5cr/3rd%5FLight%5FCutout.JPG

Right click on the link --> Properties, and make sure the picture is 626 pixels x 161 pixels

From there, just print out the picture onto cardboard paper or whatever you want mounted onto your brake light lense (red reflector part). Then cut it out. The yellow outlining serves as a cut out guide, do NOT cut into the black part at all or it will be messed up. If you feel you can't cut on the yellow line, just cut the white around and leave the yellow line.

Use an X-acto knife to cut out the letters in the middle, this is very tedious, so do a good job! The better you do, the sharper it will look.

I also recommend spray painting the finished product black so that all of it is black, and there are no little tear debris on the sides of a different color.

Please notify me if the measurments are off or anything. I can modify this if needs be.

If any of you want to send me pics of how this turns out, I'd be more than happy to check them out. Have fun.

Justin86
09-25-2004, 09:29 AM
hey I tried something like that a while ago, looks good.

Bryan
09-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Nice write up Mike, I'm going to do this today, I just printed it off.
Bryan.

Cloak86
09-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Nice work...I just cut it out of a piece of hard plastic right now...No light gets through..looks real nice....

MIK3
09-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Sweet deal guys. Glad to hear this is working out for you. Have fun w/ it, and kudos on representing the 3gee community.

Gemini2003
09-28-2004, 02:37 PM
I Will be attempting this in the next few days I will try to get some pics :-) Thanx for putting in the effort MIK3! If you need that image hosted anywhere just let me know!

Gemini2003
09-29-2004, 06:19 PM
I started to look around my house for things to cut up and i was like "I'm lazy" and i went to the dollar store and bought plastic for sale sign for $1 lol anyway I cut it up and spray painted it black and it looks Sweet!

TheSummoner101
09-30-2004, 10:15 AM
so i dont know if this is going to be cool wid MIK3...but i did it anyways :P

I was thinking about doing the 3rd brake light, and this idea 'lit up' in my head (okay ill stop :P) so heres what i thought up of...

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/cali4nia/3rd_Light_Honda.JPG

thankx to MIK3 for the measurments, i jus replaced the text :)

Gemini2003
09-30-2004, 12:50 PM
I don't think he will mind but I am personally sticking with 3GEE pride!!

MIK3
09-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Hey. The Honda 3rd brake lights a cool idea. Yeah, I never thought about members just replacing text if they wanted to. The measurments are already there, so all you have to do is replace the text, good deal then. And good idea Gemini2003, I think I'm going to replace mine with plastic soon, just so I know it'll look better and last longer. Whenever anyone get's pic, I wanna check them out!

sofaking_bob
10-10-2004, 08:44 PM
i just made a forum on this same subject... got a pic on my site...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/623353