PDA

View Full Version : Car always Hot? Hes a lil trick

Guyver007
07-25-2002, 10:08 PM
Alrighty heres something i did to my car...My car "88 Honda accord hatchback carbed automatic" tends to run hot.. so hot it actualy chiped the paint a few times on my hood SO!! heres what i did our fans turn on due to a thermostate that activates it right? well FORGET THAT!! take the positive wire from the fan CUT IT!! find a wire that gos alive when you turn on the car.... NOT WHEN YOU TURN THE IGNITION but when the car is on ONLY! there for you can listen to radio and not kill the batterie.. anyway find a live aire when the car is on and the fan will turn on as soon as tha car does, thus causeing the radiator to be cool al lthe time there for your car will run cooler.......

Gregs89AccordLxi
07-25-2002, 11:28 PM
Just watch out not to burn out your fan motor with it being on all the time, Or maybe you can hook it up to a switch, but then if you forget to turn it on :burn: ....

shepherd79
07-26-2002, 06:13 AM
or you can do the coolant flush in your system.
i bet it is all durty and that is why it is not holding temperatures.
don't just drain the radiator. you will need to flush the hole system.
when i did on mine, a few years ago my coolant looked like rusty water was comming out. after that i never had any overheating problems again.
and if you will run fan all the time you will burn it plus it won't really help you.

YK86
07-26-2002, 06:43 AM
You can bypass the fan temp switch (bottom passenger side of the rad) by splicing the two wires coming out of it. It will then stay on all the time. Also, your car shouldn't be running so hot that paint will chip so I would make sure everything is working okay and the cooling system is clean first.

87accordlx
07-26-2002, 07:59 AM
isn't that kinda masking one problem with another?
if the car is running hot it's tryin to tell you something (FLUSH ME)

Guyver007
07-26-2002, 09:03 AM
The Car doesnt reac half way temp.. it just feels like its very hot and my hood i painted my self so thats why its chiping away.. my water is super green ... so clean i can drink off of it,, the oil is good as well so i dont see why it feels like its burning on me and why it gets soo hot ...but the temp gauge shows a lil less then half ... But to make it run cooler i connected the fan to a wire that turns on with the car only and turns off with it as well so i dont have to worrie about the fan staying on or off and i can hear it on so ill know when it burns out if it does.. but ever since then its running cool its like a half of half way.. ? know what i mean? hehe anyway thanks guys

netfreak
07-26-2002, 10:32 AM
Just recently I've been having a bad engine heat problem. I think my radiator fan may have died so I'll check that out at the mechanic sometime, but a radiator flush might be what I need.

DBMaster
07-26-2002, 10:50 AM
The fans do not need to run while the car is moving. I would say you will definitely experience premature failure of the fan motors if you wire them to run all the time.

A better alternative, I think, is to go out and buy an auxiliary fan kit for about $60 and make it a "pusher" by mounting it on the front of the condenser (assuming there is space).

Dutchboy
07-26-2002, 04:34 PM
you could always throw a thermostat in there that opens at a cooler temp...
mine reaches half and the fan kicks in...only when it is really hot out though....a car thats always overheating is saying that something is wrong...just dont ever let it boil or your going to popping on a new head after the old one warps so much you could use it for a rocking chair.

A20A1
07-28-2002, 12:55 AM
Install a 3-way switch... in the middle the fan is off to the left the fan is always on... to the right the fan is run by the thremoswitch.