PDA

View Full Version : I need help Keeping my 88 LX-i running

dinhscot
09-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Anyone experience Rough Idel that goes up and down from 800-400rpm after a timing belt change? I had a shop done it after I broke down in The Highway. Now i'm having the weird Idel problem plus the Cruse control will not engaged. The Idel goes down to 400rpm's usall shut the motor down. :mad: :mad:

I need help keeping my Accord from seeing a Junk yard!

Plus anyone have a working pair Front axle and Right upper control arm that have a good working ball Joint please let me know. :bow: :bow: :bow:

I'm a newbie here, join last week in hoping to keeping my car alive for a few more years with my new found brother's help. Thx 3geez.

dinhscot
09-26-2004, 08:51 PM
i heard it might be a vuccum hoes.. but i don't know how or what to do about checking that...

nswst8
09-27-2004, 05:39 AM
Then go to the idle speed inspection adjustment and thats a good place to start.

smufguy
09-27-2004, 06:07 AM
did u get the problem right after you got it from the shop? then give it to them to fix it. If not, it could be buncha things, i would say check to see if ur pcv valve is working right/plugged in and then check to see how your fast idle valve is working.

nswst8
09-27-2004, 07:45 AM
Checked the book and it says for rough idle check the EGR system first and then if that isn't it check for plugged PCV.
But after reading the manual I would suspect that you had a bad EGR valve.

dinhscot
09-27-2004, 11:06 PM
yes smufguy i got this problem right after my timming belt has been change... I have rough Idel and speed control doesn't work. the shop seem to know what there doing in terms of timming belt change.. but like most shop cater to Domestic America cars.. not honda.

I'll try to do what u guys suggested, and hopefully i don't have to pay someone big buck trying to figure this one out when i can do it myself.

scott

smufguy
09-28-2004, 02:55 PM
also when was the last time u changed ur fuel filter? i had bad idle and run with a dirty ass fuel filter. once i changed that and getting gas from mobile, sunoco or exxon seem to make my car happy.