PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Question

toaster13
09-28-2004, 12:57 PM
I've been recently getting error 7 and my throttle position sensor is going bad. I haven't been able to find where to get a new or used throttle body, if any one has any suggestion or happens to have one around please let me know

my car has been an idle problem as well, while the car is sitting is goes from 1k to about 1.5k and back again, it will do this continually, and next time i start the car it won't do it. i'm thinking the two are related, any help would be appreciated.

shepherd79
09-28-2004, 01:13 PM
you have two choices to find the replacement TB:
1st: brand new one from dealer. cost a lot but you will know it will work.
2nd: from junk yard, cost a lot less, but there is a chance it may not work.

so it is your choice. if you have money go with a dealer, but if i had this problem, i would just go to junk yard and pull one. we have tons of 3G at local yards.

toaster13
09-29-2004, 02:22 PM
thanks, i'm not sure of any junkyards in Grand Rapids MI, if anyone knows of one, please let me know, otherwise i'll just have to drive a little way to find one.
I don't think that it's worth spending big money to get a new one, i'll just try and find a used one somewhere.
thanks again

NXRacer
09-29-2004, 02:31 PM
if you have a loping idle, it also might be caused by a bad vacuum line to your MAP sensor, or a faulty sensor. You might wanna try taking off your throttle body and cleaning it really well with some carb cleaner and see if maybe its just dirty and is thinking its bad.

'A20A3'
09-29-2004, 06:26 PM
I have a throttle body and I know it works, I started up my sedan today. If you want it holla at me in a PM and make an offer.