PDA

View Full Version : Q's for Nitrous users(no newb q's)

hondamanlxi
09-29-2004, 08:12 AM
im installing my nx wet kit/purge today and i have a few questions AFTER all my research.

1) with msd can you run stock timing(mines currently advanced)? do you still have to retard?
2) with msd my plugs are gapped to .060, i know thats too big for nitrous, but is stock .043 fine?
3) im going to find some ngk's iridium plugs a step colder... what do i do if no-one has colder plugs? Can stock temp plugs be used?
4)Nx says you can spray a max of 10-12 sec, how long do you?

dont get pissy... ive searched and read all the n20 and ignition threads and i just want verification :rolleyes:

NXRacer
09-29-2004, 08:32 AM
1) with msd can you run stock timing(mines currently advanced)? do you still have to retard?
you dont have to do any timing modifications unless you run over 100 shot. be careful running advanced, you dont wanna lean out.

2) with msd my plugs are gapped to .060, i know thats too big for nitrous, but is stock .043 fine?
not sure exactly what you need to gap them at. I believe NX has a FAQ about plug gaps on their website.

3) im going to find some ngk's iridium plugs a step colder... what do i do if no-one has colder plugs? Can stock temp plugs be used?
No. They explicitly say to run a colder plug. You run the risk of frying your plugs hardcore if you dont go colder. If you cant find any locally, wait the extra time and order some online or something.

4)Nx says you can spray a max of 10-12 sec, how long do you?
3-5 seconds.

If you're gonna be running NX, you should probably also get bigger injectors and later down the road (if not right away) a better fuel pump. This will make sure that you dont lean out the fuel at all since NX draws extra fuel. You also might wanna think about getting a fuel pressure regulator.

HostileJava
09-29-2004, 08:37 AM
3. You shouldn't have any problem finding them a step colder, I called a couple stores and they were all able to identify the colder plugs and had them in stock when I was doing my install.

hondamanlxi
09-29-2004, 08:38 AM
strange, i thought the purpose of a wet kit was not to need additonal fuel delivery...

no matter, im only running a 55 shot

thanks guys

keruhas184
09-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Can't help you with nitrous, but colder plugs:

http://www.clubplug.net/retail_iridium_ngk.html

One step colder from stock is BPR7EIX, even colder is BPR9EIX and so on.

hondamanlxi
09-29-2004, 08:40 AM
no stock is bpr5eix im gone to advanced and ill just cross-refence the no.s there

keruhas184
09-29-2004, 08:43 AM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?p=453807

BPR5EIX is a hotter plug for the carb, efi is BPR6EIX

NXRacer
09-29-2004, 09:00 AM
strange, i thought the purpose of a wet kit was not to need additonal fuel delivery...

no matter, im only running a 55 shot

thanks guys
A wet kit adds in fuel to the spray, but its good to upgrade your fuel system so it can meet the added needs of extra fuel being used. thats all.

hondamanlxi
09-29-2004, 09:17 PM
i ended up with zex plugs i got form the local perfromance shop. 20 bucks!

its all plumbed but not wired up yet..... one question tho, anyone got a pic of the window switch mounted? i havent got their yet and a pic would save me some time...

i guess ill just use the newer accords in the jetting chart...

Kevin
09-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Ok, when i ran my 50 Nx wet kit a put my gap @ stock. I put ignition timeing retared a little more than stock and used the same plugs!! It also matters how much you are running. After trying it out i readvanced my timing to get better performance!! With 250,000 miles on my moter, i would run it on the highway, i would hit in 2nd and hold till the top end of 4th gear!! I would back off at about 125mph!! :)

Justin86
09-30-2004, 09:06 PM
for plugs I got the 3 steps colder NGK, and they were cheaper then 20. For the gapping run a search, Mike I belive has some nice info on plugs gaps and ignition stuff according to what your doing.