PDA

View Full Version : Belt Slipped Off!

AccordAddict
09-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Ok after hearing a ticking noise and my car squeeling when i started it up i checked the engine a day later and noticed one of my belts slipped off! the car drives fine and all but in rain it squeels alot. its the belt on the bottom (one of the three on the right of the engine, i know 2 of them are powersteering and air conditiong, dont know the other) but does anyone know if its hard to put a belt back on, do i have to remove anything or just slip it back on somehow, plz help i dont wanna break anything...

maka_RTH
09-29-2004, 07:01 PM
find out which belt it is, then loosen the corresponing accessory's adjustment bolt, adjust to the point that you can put the belt back on, then re-adjust the accessory to where it's supposed to be, and you should be good. basically, if its the alt. belt, adjust the alt to the piont where you can get the belt back on, then tighten it back up.

88Accord-DX
09-30-2004, 01:19 AM
If the belt just slipped off out of no-where, it is probably worn out. If I was you, I would invest in a new freakin belt so that doesn't happen again! :rolleyes: Adjust the tension with the alternator.

maka_RTH
09-30-2004, 09:21 AM
ahh yes..., i forgot to mention that too. check your belts while you're at it. if they're worn, replace them.

NXRacer
09-30-2004, 10:11 AM
make sure its not your water pump. If its your water pump belt, get that replaced ASAP.

AccordAddict
10-02-2004, 07:29 PM
ok i went to pep boys and it was my AC belt, and since my ac dont work anyway i got him to cut it off. im gonna pay him $50 next week to remove the whole AC for weight reduction, right know, what performance increase would i get out of just cutting the ac belt, or does it do nothing until i remove the AC? opinions please...

'A20A3'
10-02-2004, 07:48 PM
You're fucking hilarious, you know that?

The compressor for the a/c only engages if and when your turn the a/c inside your car. If your a/c doesn't work in the first place, then pushing the button inside your car does nothing anyway.

I removed the ENTIRE a/c system on my '88, and it doesn't really do anything, except rid you of dead weight.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-02-2004, 07:51 PM
AccordAddict is funny b/c he's like beyond stupid funny.

Search my friend, just do the thing we always say to you.

'A20A3'
10-02-2004, 07:53 PM
:stupid: :owned: :rofl:

AccordAddict
10-02-2004, 07:55 PM
well fucking forgive me you fuck-faces. im just an ameature in mechanics and asked for help but you bastards have no sympathy.

'A20A3'
10-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Fucking chill son.

Check it, in all honesty, I noticed no power increase after removing my entire a/c system. It didn't work when I got the car, so I don't know how bad power loss was with it.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Well you know we tried to help you but you just kept asking the same stuff and stuff that if you searched for you wouldn't need to post a thread about how you know someone that is going to remove your a/c system for $50. You won't see a power gain from it anyways. If it didn't work you might just want to fix it. And yes that has been discussed as well.

'A20A3'
10-02-2004, 08:03 PM
:werd: After I took mine off I wished I never did.

AccordAddict
10-02-2004, 08:03 PM
i think fixing it will cost more money than removing it but it would be nice to fix it...

88Accord-DX
10-02-2004, 08:41 PM
With that $50 bucks your paying some dude to take that a/c off, you could throw in another $50 bucks and buy a new one off ebay. Re-built a/c at auto parts store runs about $350.

AccordAddict
10-02-2004, 08:43 PM
well its winter anyways and i dont need ac for now so weight reduction would be better...

A20A1
10-02-2004, 11:33 PM
A/C isn't worth it, open the windows. :D
I like the added space and it makes it easier to replace belts.

Accordadict...
From reading your posts I would say it's good you'r letting the mechanic change the part... maybe later you can do the job yourself and save some money.

88Accord-DX
10-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Really, with the price of gas, a/c isn't worth it. I don't see the price of crude oil going down anytime soon! (maybe close to election day)
I took my a/c off, cause it is shot, but will get a new one when summer comes around next year. Hopefully the gas prices are a little cheaper! Yeah, right.
Anyhow, he is all into power and weight reduction, so he won't miss a/c! :rolleyes:

maka_RTH
10-02-2004, 11:50 PM
i don't use my a/c, unless i'm cruising on the freeway. it's kinda funny though. i don't like cruising on the freeway with my windows down, yet i hit freeway speeds a lot around town and my windows are down... maybe it's cuz i go faster than freeway speeds on the freeway...