PDA

View Full Version : Crane Fireball HI-6S Ignition System Installed !!!!

Mike's89AccordLX
09-30-2004, 11:04 AM
I bought it from Alex (Shepherd79).

I was confused with the instructions b/c they were just confusing, but then after awhile I looked at it differently and man they were really easy instructions. After I figured it out with the help of Alex mainly confirming the fact that I'm not the greatest with electrical things. But I installed it in under 30 minutes and I even cleaned my connections at my Accel Super Stock Coil. Unfortunately I had to rip off my DELTACAM sticker against my firewall to mount the Digital Crane unit. It's all good b/c my idle is so so so much smoother and the power increase is definately worth the money. It has a rev limiter built into the unit as well so that's a bonus and it can have an optional timing retard/advance controler that you can control while your sitting in your seat :)

That' about $130 for that controler so it will be awhile before I get it. It seemed to give an extra punch throughout the gears so that was well worth it. Now I just need to upgrade my fuel pump and get the efi conversion done and I will have a pretty damn good car.

I will take pics probably tomorrow b/c I have to get ready for work. But I just figured I would let everyone know my newest mod. Oh and I still can't believe how good the idle is considering my cam grind and since the motor is carbed. Just smooth like FI ( :) something to look forward to :) )

2old_honda
09-30-2004, 11:13 AM
:cool: hey this reminds me! I will have a MSD 6a ignition box left over from my RX7 once the LS1 swap is done. I can use it on the accord, I didnt even think about doing that. :cool: stuff

86LXItooFAST4me
09-30-2004, 11:21 AM
lmao, youre putting an LS1 in an RX7?? what gen is it?

2old_honda
09-30-2004, 11:26 AM
lmao, youre putting an LS1 in an RX7?? what gen is it?

yeah its a 88 FC (2nd gen). It actually has a chevy 350 and powerglide in it now. I came across a deal on a LS1/T56 that I couldnt pass up, its being shipped to me as we speak :cool:

shepherd79
09-30-2004, 11:26 AM
it is nice to hear you got it working Mike.

Sabz5150
09-30-2004, 11:31 AM
My SCI gave a good bump in power and a smooth idle. Great to hear the Crane is doing the job!

Mike's89AccordLX
09-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Yeah I'm going to solder in a resistor tomorrow just for peace of mind that my tachs won't act up. I think I'm going to set the rev limiter to 6,000 RPMs. I've been thinking if I get that timing controler I won't have any use for my brand new adjustable cam gear that hasn't been installed.... So maybe that will be for sale soon after I think about it. I mean if I can control the timing from the seat I won't need an adjustable cam gear would I?

SteveDX89
09-30-2004, 11:38 AM
The ignition adjusts ignition timing, the point at which the spark plugs fire. The cam gear adjust cam timing, the point at which the valves open and close. They are 2 different things.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Oh ok I guess I'm keeping the rare blue cam gear then :)