PDA

View Full Version : camber kit questions?

adams86lxi
09-30-2004, 03:04 PM
alright i slammed my car beyond low about a week ago. It now has no fender gap in the front and back at all anymore. Now here is my question how adjustable are these camber kits are they any more adjustable as the prelude upper control arms? I have the prelude upper control arms on it now and their all the way out and the camber is still way out of wack. My tires sit like this / \. Which camber kit out their is the most adjustable i dont want to get a camber kit and find out it is just as adjustable as the prelude arms and it not solve anything!

Here are a few i found on the net.

http://www.andysautosport.com/products.php?id=Ho86Accord&make=Honda&mcat=Suspension&scat=Camber%20Kits

http://www.mmrusa.com/ingalls/ingallshonda.htm

http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Accord/MODACAK/

which one of these is the most adjustable i dont really get exactly what they mean by -3/4° to +1.5° adjustablility isnt negative camber like this / \ and positive camber is the other way? So does this mean that it could fix -3 degrees camber or what im confused and want to get the right one! THANKS

BTW: i only need the front ones!

LX-i BOY
09-30-2004, 03:09 PM
well i know that if you get a camber kit in addition to the prelude arms you should almost have no camber, so i would recconend getting one i am going to be getting one once i lower my car in addiotn to the prelude arms. also you need a camber kit made for the prelude arms, so you would need one for 85-87 honda preludes if i am correct

shepherd79
09-30-2004, 03:25 PM
camber kits are not adjustible. they have only two positions.
you set them at what ever is closes and you are done.
that is why prelude arms give you alot more flexability. since you are slammed on the ground, i don't think anything will help you at this point.

maka_RTH
09-30-2004, 03:34 PM
well i know that if you get a camber kit in addition to the prelude arms you should almost have no camber, so i would recconend getting one i am going to be getting one once i lower my car in addiotn to the prelude arms. also you need a camber kit made for the prelude arms, so you would need one for 85-87 honda preludes if i am correct

it's 84-87 preludes(you almost had it), but you would still want a camber kit for our cars, cuz if it's just the anchor arms, even if you have the lude arms, you still use the 3g anchor arms. same with the through-bolt if it comes with that too. and i would say only get a kit if you really feel like spending the money.., as in if you camber is WAY bad with the lude arms fully adjusted. in the long run, if you would buy tires a LOT sooner than you would with working camber, then i'd say it'd be worth it to get.

Vinny
09-30-2004, 03:59 PM
camber kits are not adjustible. they have only two positions.
you set them at what ever is closes and you are done.
that is why prelude arms give you alot more flexability. since you are slammed on the ground, i don't think anything will help you at this point.

Not exactly Alex. The Ingalls kits have just as much adjustability as the lude arms. I havent seen a kit for the 3rd gens that only has 2 settings. Ingalls kits for the accord will adjust to ANY setting from -3/4° to +1.5°. You simply turn the adjuster to to correct setting then tighten it down.

I guess how low your car is will decide what you need. I know people with a 2.5" drop that need more adjustment then you can get with either the lude arms themselves or an Ingalls type kit (several companies market kits EXACTLY like the Ingalls kit) and stock accord upper arms. For those cases I'd suggest lude arms with the Ingalls kit made specifically for the ludes. Thats the most adjustment you can possible get and gives a larger range (up to +3°) of adjustment compared to just the accord ingalls kit (+1.5°)

Greg, I have no idea what you are talking about. Anchor arms? I wouldnt suggest using an Ingalls kit for the 3rd gen and a set of lude arms together. Youre just asking for major trouble there. The spacing of the lude arms using washers combined with the the Ingalls upper arm bolt setup would be a good idea

maka_RTH
09-30-2004, 04:19 PM
i don't know.., i don't really know how the kit works.., but from the pics it looks like it's just the anchor arms? and don't you use the accord anchor arms when you use the lude arms? i'm not sure what the difference between the arms is.., seeing as how i still haven't taken mine off..., but yah.

shepherd79
09-30-2004, 05:06 PM
the camber kit i had on my old car, had only 2 positive and one negavite adjustment. you had to take the arm out and remove the bolt and move it to another hole.
i don't remember the company who made them, but i know that i didn't like them.
i switched to lude arms and they were a lot better.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Front and Back Adjustable Camber :bow: Front is BeckArnley P/N 101-4421 the Back is Ingalls 3862 Smart Arm http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/486000-486999/486873_56_full.jpg

adams86lxi
09-30-2004, 05:18 PM
ok i think i will use my prelude upper control arms with the prelude camber kit.
On this sight http://www.mmrusa.com/ingalls/ingallshonda.htm it says they are 64.96/pr for the 83-87 prelude ingalls camber kit is this pair they come in all i need for the front or do i need a pair for each side?

88Accord-DX
09-30-2004, 10:01 PM
ok i think i will use my prelude upper control arms with the prelude camber kit.
On this sight http://www.mmrusa.com/ingalls/ingallshonda.htm it says they are 64.96/pr for the 83-87 prelude ingalls camber kit is this pair they come in all i need for the front or do i need a pair for each side?
Read that note under Note A & Note B at bottom of the page. Here is what it says. "Each camber kit comes with the hardware necessary to complete both sides of the car on either the front or rear end. All adjustment ranges are from the stock settings ie. if stock camber is -1.1 degrees then with the (-3/4 to 1°) kits you can expect to have -.1 degrees of camber after installation."

88Accord-DX
10-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Guess I got to get a pair of them too, thought that the lude arms would be enough camber correction for 2 1/2" drop for the front. This whole lowering car thing has cost me a pretty penny. :sad2:

adams86lxi
10-02-2004, 09:04 AM
hey man good find i never noticed that at the bottom. Getting the lude camber kit is a good thing because the lude camber kit is only 65$ and the accord one is like 132$ lol

88Accord-DX
10-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Since this is about camber, I have a question about using Koni adjustable struts on the front. If you us them on a 2 1/2" drop, do they need to be shortened? If so, how much does it cost & who does that? :dunno:

*edit* Nevermind this post, I found what I was looking for is some old post:
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB

You can send Koni struts to Koni to be made into shorter struts for $65 per strut plus the cost of parts (found that out today while talking to gordon at koni today ). Oh and $25 per strut to make them EXTERNALLY adjustable.