PDA

View Full Version : Little touches to my car

Vanilla Sky
09-30-2004, 11:06 PM
well, this is where i'm gonna post changes to my car... to start out withm im posting my newly painted front grille... nothing special, just a painted grille... i will post pics of anything i do to my car just for the fun of it...

my grille, laying on my bed, painted, and awaiting the aluminum trim strip, and installation:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/wannabe_otaku/grilleuninstalled.jpg

bah, at the time of posting, the server seems to be down... hopefully it'll be back up soon

Busted_Blue
09-30-2004, 11:35 PM
hard to tell what is going on in the pic.....just the grill in full black? if it is..then good work..and that aluminum trim on top...needs to be black too..i hate the awkward chrome..

Vanilla Sky
10-01-2004, 12:10 AM
yeah, i need to set up a small "studio" to take pictures of stuff...

and the aluminum part is pretty much needed... looks off without it...

Vanilla Sky
10-01-2004, 05:33 AM
said grille installed and car washed:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/wannabe_otaku/8f71fa34.jpg

Busted_Blue
10-01-2004, 10:43 AM
:thumbs up: looks much better without the stupid chrome strip on top.

Mattphi
10-01-2004, 01:12 PM
I painted my chrome strip black...looks good

Vanilla Sky
10-01-2004, 03:11 PM
i think i'm gonna stick with the aluminum piece... leave it plain... it isn't shiny like chrome anymore, as i've sanded the chrome plating off of it

Vanilla Sky
10-01-2004, 03:46 PM
grille [at night] with aluminum trim:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/wannabe_otaku/grilleandtrim.jpg

MIK3
10-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Dear god that bumper needs work, haha. Mine as well paint your bumpers while your at it, nice job on the grill however.

Vanilla Sky
10-01-2004, 04:42 PM
i think the grille turned out pretty shitty, at least to my standards... there's some orange peel and a little pitting, but only the trained eye would ever catch it...

i'm gonna replace the bumper, don't worry... i already have one, so it's not a big deal... i think i'll grab a couple more for good measure and maybe go with a custom stock look...

gotta remember, guys... this is a commuter car for the time being... i'm not horribly interested in the looks... hell, right now, i still have my rear seat out from where i was working on my fuel system, and it'll stay removed until i can finish installing my old infinity midbasses in the rear... man, i love a project car...

88Accord-DX
10-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Dear god that bumper needs work, haha. Mine as well paint your bumpers while your at it, nice job on the grill however.
I was going to say the same thing!! :lol: Sand that bumper down good before painting it.

Vanilla Sky
10-01-2004, 11:04 PM
sand it down? how about just replacing it :p

88Accord-DX
10-01-2004, 11:06 PM
sand it down? how about just replacing it :p
I was going to say that too, my bumper looked worse than that. :lol: Got a new one off ebay. My car looks ALOT better. There was no helping that bumper I had.

Vanilla Sky
10-01-2004, 11:08 PM
hehe... yeah, my car was in a "guy VS car" wreck before i bought it... explains the bumper away :p