PDA

View Full Version : Alarm w/pager

kennycm
07-26-2002, 06:35 AM
Next week I plan to get that alarm that comes with an lcd color pager so that you can monitor your car. The alarm also has remote start and keyless entry. Does anyone have this alarm or know anyone with this alarm so that I may know if it's worth the $$. :sadwave: :sadwave:

RCracer
07-26-2002, 06:49 AM
I have just fitted a new alarm to my car so did a bit of research on the net and going round shop.
I looked at a alarm simular to the one you describe and I thought that the remote was a little to delicate to hang on your keys and not get damaged. They may be differant in the US to the one I looked at in the UK.

YK86
07-26-2002, 11:32 AM
I think Compustar makes something like that.

RobT5580
07-26-2002, 11:53 AM
I have one from CMTTrading and i like it and price wise you cant beat it. It has very good range depending on obstruction but overall i like it.

kennycm
07-29-2002, 05:02 AM
Thanks Rob, I have been watching it for like a year now but I was waiting for a recommendation from someone who actually had one to make my move. How much did you pay to have it installed? I plan to order mine from cmt trading as well.

87pimpsterdocious
07-29-2002, 07:00 PM
Do you mean the cyborg one or the one with the huge ass pagers? If you mean the cyborg, i was also interested in this so tell me more when you get it installed. Thanks

YK86
07-29-2002, 07:22 PM
My friend just got an Autopage alarm/pager/remote starter. He's very happy with it and cost him about $450 for all options and install.

Dman87LX
07-29-2002, 08:48 PM
Both of my parents have this on their cars and its worth the money, altho if u can find one with the same features wwithout the useless monitor u can save a few bucks. cuz as long as they have had it... that lcd screen doesnt show much...

kennycm
07-30-2002, 05:27 AM
I'm paying $205 for the alarm and $200 for installation. I'm going to order it today so pm me if you want to know how it works.

87pimpsterdocious
07-31-2002, 10:32 AM
Where are you getting it installed? I didn't know people would install products that weren't from their store. Let me know cuz I'm going to get this alarm also. Hey Rob, tell us more about how well it works/how the install went. Does the pager work well? How about the notifications like doors/trunk/hood open or car running?

kennycm
08-01-2002, 05:20 AM
I am getting it installed at a place called Norton's Stereo in Columbia. I called a couple of places and none of them wanted to install products that weren't bought from their store. I am sure that the pager and alarm will work really well. I am paying $205 for the system because I am ordering it from www.cmttrading.com. You can check it out pimp. Holla.

89BlackH-Back
08-01-2002, 05:23 AM
wait so where can u get one of these with the monitors

kennycm
08-01-2002, 06:20 AM
You can get one with the monitor from ebay or from www.cmttrading.com

87pimpsterdocious
08-02-2002, 01:04 AM
Let me know how it works and stuff once you get it installed!

87pimpsterdocious
08-04-2002, 12:09 AM
Did you get it installed yet? Rob, if you read this would you please answer my questions/talk more about it? Thanks.

RobT5580
08-04-2002, 11:36 AM
sorry i was on vacation, yes it has been in for about 5 months. I installed it myself because i had the wiring information from a friend who does installs. I wouldnt do it if your not familiar with wiring because it can be a pain mainly because everything is up under the dash and hard to do. I also was an electrician so it helped. I spent about a day doing it because i wanted it tucked way up under the dash and wired it right the first time. If you need help email me but if your not experienced i would pay to have it done.....

87pimpsterdocious
08-06-2002, 12:37 AM
What's the usual range? It says 2500 ft but that's near half a mile and I'm skeptical. I'm sure it depends on interference but I'm wondering what the average range is. Also, is the led screen detailed/good quality? How big is the pager/remote? Thanks for answering all my questions.

RobT5580
08-06-2002, 07:49 AM
I would say the range is possible but it depends on if their is any interference. I work in a mall (but im close to the outside of the building) and mine works fine from inside. I was walking through the mall and it worked half way across the mall which is pretty far but it depended on where i was it would work sometimes. I like the alarm i would have liked a smaller remote but im grateful for all the features this has on it. For $200 you cant go wrong.

87pimpsterdocious
08-06-2002, 11:53 PM
How big is the remote? How's the picture on the screen look? Thanks a lot for your help

RobT5580
08-07-2002, 08:50 PM
Its about 2 1/2 X 1 1/4 and about 1/2 inch thick. the display is great because if your trunk is open it shows it or if its just a shock it shows it and the same for the door or glass. So far i just get the shock message and i would like to keep it that way. I am gonna very soon add a heat sensor instead of the shock sensor so it will detect only someone very close instead of a loud stereo or exhaust. I may do both though because i did see some lady bang her door into mine and the shock set off the remote (shes lucky it didnt leave a mark because i was ready to kick her car) sorry just anger issues with people who cant park and open doors.

87pimpsterdocious
08-08-2002, 12:11 AM
do you have the cyborg rf one (with silver remote) or the crimestopper one (black remote)? Thanks

RobT5580
08-08-2002, 01:15 PM
Mine is from www.CMTTRADING.COM and it is the black one but it doesnt specify brand. Their are a few floating around like mine with names on them and the only difference i have seen was one had a clock built into the remote.